Homer on QM2

artvlay

I found this picture from the QM2 on Cruiseclues, and I don't know if it is actually on the ship or someone doctored the photo. It is a picture of Homer Simpson on a piece of art. If in fact it is on the ship, can someone tell me where this is? Does anyone have a picture of the whole piece?

Thanks

http://community.webshots.com/photo/147380890/1147383815046097424gpVdhv

Hi,

It's really there. There are a series of panels decorating the walls of the main hallways on decks two and three. The four seasons, the four elements and the six continents. One of the latter, depicting North America, contains this image of Homer Simpson.

Regards, Colin.

(From memory there may be two others. Northern and Southern hemispheres maybe?)

He's on the panel on the starboard side just by the Golden Lion.

When you are standing in front of it, look at the satellite dish (Arecibo?) under the Statue of Liberty. You will see Homer, remote control in hand, with his TV set.

We have pics of the entire panel, and gradually closer to Homer.

Have never found any other "special" items in other panels!

Be sure to look close at the Samuel Cunard portrait, however, it is made of thousands of tiny ship pictures.

Karie

I found this picture from the QM2 on Cruiseclues, and I don't know if it is actually on the ship or someone doctored the photo. It is a picture of Homer Simpson on a piece of art. If in fact it is on the ship, can someone tell me where this is? Does anyone have a picture of the whole piece?

Thanks

http://community.webshots.com/photo/147380890/1147383815046097424gpVdhv

Yes Homer is really there. We took that picture and this link is from our webshots album of our cruise in May '04.

Thanks.

Hi Dave

I notice that there are some dogs in your photos, am I right in assuming the kennels are now in operation?

I can verify that for the QM, if not the QE. There were at least three dogs and a cat aboard on our Jan3 Panama cruise. Marc has pics of a couple of them out for their morning consitutionals.

Karie. Who is NOT bringing any of our three indoor and three outdoor cats on any cruises! Why do you think I go on cruises! To get away!

Hi Dave

I notice that there are some dogs in your photos, am I right in assuming the kennels are now in operation?

Those we saw looked happy, though the outside run did seem to be a bit limited. I don't think there are any kennels on QE2.

David.

Archived