Family Friendly Itinerary in Nassau

Kspray818

My family of 8 (2 sets of grandparents, kids ages 4 and 2, and us) will be in Nassau for a day end of May. I've researched some things to do and have come up with the below list of things that would work for my family. My question is, should I hire a tour to take us so we have the car seats and transportation taken care of? It is expensive at almost $80 per hour for the tour company I contacted. If I do everything listed below from Zoo to boat tour, it would probably take 6-7 hours, that's $480 for transport + extra costs for zoo and glassbottom boat tour. Is that the best option I have? Would you try to do the below itinerary yourself by taking public transport? Any other suggestions? Thank you!

1. Ardastra Zoo and Garden

2. Fort Fincastle

3. Fish Fry and area for lunch

4. Bahamian candy store

5. Bahama Art & Handicraft

6. Glassbottom boat tour

If it were me with that age group I would head out to Blue Lagoon for the day.  The kids will love all the animals and the lagoon is shallow and a wonderful place for young children. Being in my late (really late..lol) 60's my husband and I took our children and Grandchildren here the last time we visited Nassau and had such a wonderful day . Getting around Nassau is easy enough but not for seniors and young young children.  Just my opinion.

Edited by PollyNJ
left out a word.

11 hours ago, PollyNJ said:

If it were me with that age group I would head out to Blue Lagoon for the day.  The kids will love all the animals and the lagoon is shallow and a wonderful place for young children. Being in my late (really late..lol) 60's my husband and I took our children and Grandchildren here the last time we visited Nassau and had such a wonderful day . Getting around Nassau is easy enough but not for seniors and young young children.  Just my opinion.

I was thinking the same thing before I read what you wrote. Blue Lagoon is perfect for multi-generational groups.  And, when you get back, you should have time to explore the stores that are near the port.

Also, what are your port hours? That seems like REALLY a lot for one day.

I will preface this by saying I have NOT been to Ardastra gardens and zoo.  However, from everything I’ve read, while a fun and nice activity, it is not something any different from one of the multitude of zoos back home.  So, we have no interest in spending a Bahamas day there.

Doing 2-5 and then the glass bottom boat would be a much better plan, I think.  I don’t know where those places are, however, so I can’t help with transit options.  But, I would pick an itinerary that does not require car seats, if I could.  They are just so much a hassle, unless this is a once in a lifetime trip, I would save car seat required trips until the kids don’t need them anymore.