How many suitcases.......

cruiselover96

Just wondering how many of us out there take too many clothes that don't get worn and the overload of suitcases when 1 or 2 cases would probably do. Our first cruise we took 4 cases - 4 people as well as a cabin case (for plane). The room always looked a mess:eek: And when I unpacked when we got home, the amount of clothese that didn't get worn.........well........ ridiculous the amount we took:rolleyes:

I'm now trying to toss up whether we take one case and put a spare travel bag inside it (we're in Singapore 6 days beforehand) or do we take 2 cases (got to keep in mind also I suppose, if we buy extra).;) and isn't it funny how the same clothes you take with you never seem to fit back in the case when you're packing to go home!!:D

Kerri

cruiselover, you must try spacebags they are great. You place your clothes in neatly and seal then roll them up and the air comes out the corner! It looks like a packet of bacon.But when you get onboard and open the seal everythings fresh :) I even used them to take the grass skirts for island night. You get them at Safeways or Kmart.They are reusable too

We will be doing the same - flying in to Singapore about 4-5 days ahead and staying on for a few days after. We went to Singapore last year and bought heaps of stuff. Shoes and clothes are very reasonable. This cruise we are travelling very light - 1 suitcase each not full. We will buy stuff in Singapore to take on the cruise - including a suit my husband is getting made while we are there. We have learnt by trial and error. Last cruise I took about 1/2 as much as the first one and I could still go with less next time. It weighed in at 15kilos each bag. The only thing I make sure I pack is my dancing shoes - we are ballroom dancers and I can't dance in street shoes. Everything else is just an extra. Gayle.

I think I will pack one smaller case for both my husband and me... I was looking at Retro night and thinking about my white go-go boots I want to take... luckily they pack fairly well. But we won't be taking cowboy hats or boots for country western night! Too much space required and I confess I'm from Texas and don't even own cowboy hat or boots. My hubby does, but he left his in the US! :D

I sure hope I have my coconut bra here and didn't leave it in the US! :D

go the reject shop and buy them cheap there.assuming it for your hubby,:D :D i think more men then women wore them on our cruise:)

Most people dont get dressed up for a lot of nights except island night. Pj night you dont wear them to dinner.

On our cruise there was a fun group of 4 men in their early 20s. on dressup night they all wore their clothes backwards and all walked into dinner backwards otgether. They kept it up all night!!great fun to watch

This little book that came with the documents says ...

Theme Nights:

Cruises of 7 nights or more usually feature theme nights for passengers to enjoy. Theme nights vary from cruise to cruise, however you can expect at least the following:

Island Night

Country and Western Night

Retro Night

So, I assume Retro night could be dressing up as 60's or 70's... maybe even 80's is retro now :D

This one doesn't mention PJ night so I may skip packing for that. Most of my pjs would not be appropriate to run around the ship in. lol!

However, this vagueness and generality for the guide is annoying me... I wish they would have just slipped in a paper telling exactly what nights would be on my particular cruise... oh well :) I guess cruisers are generally more laid back and not as big on planning as I am... :D

Archived