Who is the Captain?

CruisingWalter

I happened to notice that Wendy Williams' Instagram feed has her traveling around the US and Canada right now. I was wondering why she's not onboard the ship.  A cruise writer confirmed she apparently left Virgin back in November. He wasn't aware she was gone either until I mentioned it. Her LinkedIn profile shows her as a freelance captain now.

Anyone know who is the Captain now that she's gone?  Anyone else think Virgin will make a play for Captain Kate for the Valiant Lady when she sails in 2021? 🙂

WendyWilliams.JPG

Edited by creativegenius

Looks like Captain Alan MacAry at least for now.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7q1WPmhQzF/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Formerly of Marella and Windstar. Maybe temp, or maybe they’re just keeping it low key since losing a diversity captain is a little sad for their goals/branding.

Edited by AlyssaJames

5 hours ago, AlyssaJames said:

Looks like Captain Alan MacAry at least for now.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7q1WPmhQzF/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Formerly of Marella and Windstar. Maybe temp, or maybe they’re just keeping it low key since losing a diversity captain is a little sad for their goals/branding.

Thanks for the find! Very interesting that was released under the "Virgin Voyages Crew" and not the main instagram account.  I guess they want to keep it very low-key since Wendy Williams was such a big splash announcement when they introduced her.  

I found it odd that in all the videos leading up to and including the sail out yesterday we never saw the captain, only the President of the cruise line.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, creativegenius said:

Thanks for the find! Very interesting that was released under the "Virgin Voyages Crew" and not the main instagram account.  I guess they want to keep it very low-key since Wendy Williams was such a big splash announcement when they introduced her.  

I found it odd that in all the videos leading up to and including the sail out yesterday we never saw the captain, only the President of the cruise line.  

I’m naive enough that I half noticed but thought something like “oh the captain must be busy”. 🙂

I have just spoke with 'sailor services' through live chat and have been told that someone called "captain Charlotte" will be the captain of the ship starting from the March 26 2020 cruise.

Does anyone have any idea who captain Charlotte is (I've searched the internet and cannot find any cruise ship captain called Charlotte)??

2 minutes ago, creativegenius said:

I can't find anyone named "Charlotte" either. The Virgin websites are still promoting Captain Williams, no announcement of the other captains other than what was posted earlier in this thread via the Virgin Voyages Crew Instagram.  

When i spoke with them they confirmed that Wendy Williams had left and the new Captain Is someone called Charlotte.

A few days ago I created an Instagram account and scrolled back in time to enjoy the visuals and music.  In the VirginVoyages account I remember reading a question asking about Wendy.  The VV reply was that they've parted ways and wish her well.  And that Capt Alan was in command.  (paraphrased, but concise a concise corporate reply)  Further back in time I found the announcement interviews and a video of a Q&A session with her that they've not pulled down.

As for Sailor Services announcing Charlotte... I'd say a more reliable source of news is the Instagram feed.  

From multiple sources onboard the ship in Dover, Virgin Voyages is completely mum on the Captain. 

Odd since that person is the Master of the Ship. This is a press tour, first ship, new cruise line, the Captain and the Bridge should be a part of any press tour.  I know they're disappointed they couldn't steal some thunder from Celebrity and Captain Kate, but no matter, they should be introducing the captain of their first cruise line. Hiding that person doesn't speak highly of their regard for the Captain.