L-Shaped Aft Balcony #6459 Victory

capecruzer

Hi everyone !  Sailing Victory for a 3-day the last weekend in February.  I've booked this L-shaped room but can't find any information on it.  One thing I did notice when looking at deck plans is it sits above the Adriatic Lounge.  I'd love to hear reviews of these particular type staterooms and secondly, just how noisy will it be above the lounge?  The Extended Aft Balconys are priced less right now, not sure if that would have been a better choice.  There appear to be many left unsold as of today.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, capecruzer said:

Hi everyone !  Sailing Victory for a 3-day the last weekend in February.  I've booked this L-shaped room but can't find any information on it.  One thing I did notice when looking at deck plans is it sits above the Adriatic Lounge.  I'd love to hear reviews of these particular type staterooms and secondly, just how noisy will it be above the lounge?  The Extended Aft Balconys are priced less right now, not sure if that would have been a better choice.  There appear to be many left unsold as of today.  Thanks!

Well we personally love these L-shaped balconies, mostly because they are usually same price as a regular balcony for double the balcony length.  Makes me wonder why the aft balconies are less??  We usually like to book the ones on Deck 6 where there are 2 large windows to look out of, what a view to wake up to in the morning.  Also even though it is above the lounge, we usually go to the comedy shows at night so not a problem for us, we never hear any noise.  Enjoy!

Wow, thats great news.  We are on Deck 6!  And yes, we'll be going to the comedy shows as well.  I've stayed in several aft balconies and soot has been an issue.  Hasn't stopped me from booking one (this particular time I went from an inside to the L-shape for $125 more when a big sale was advertised) but wasn't originally in the budget this time.  Would love to snag one of those corner balcony (are they called premium?) but they are pricey...about the same price as a suite.  Several of them are available on this particular cruise but again...out of budget for this "can't afford a hotel room in FLL so we'll sit on a cruise ship instead" trip.

I did a B2B in 6450 on the Conquest (same room on the opposite side of the ship). LOVED that room! The balcony which is twice as long (with a lounger) is obviously the highlight, but I also love that those rooms have two windows to let light in instead of one. And the great thing about that class of ship is that those rooms are priced the same as regular balcony rooms, so more of a chance of price drops. I don’t recall hearing any noise, so definitely no problems there. 

Edited by Cruising_Addict

I was on the balcony 2 floors above you on the Victory last fall. We loved that room and balcony. Ours came with 2 chairs and 2 loungers. The balcony along the side of the ship had covering, so on the rainy day, we were able to still use the balcony. It was nice to have both rear and side views. We didn't have any soot issues. I also like the room layout better than a traditional balcony room. The placement of the bathroom and the desk area created a better flow to the room. When ever possible, that is now our 1st choice cabin.

59 minutes ago, capecruzer said:

Isn't the whole balcony on the side of the ship?  The Premium Balcony staterooms would have both an aft view and side view with one portion of the balcony covered, no?

You are correct, we usually choose the last L-Shaped Balcony and the premium is right beside it with partial side balcony and then curving around to the aft area. We considered the premium balcony once but after seeing the room layout and size we decided against it. Cant really justify the price difference when L-shaped ones are the same as a regular balcony. Like someone mentioned earlier you can price match with so many regular balconies available. 

13 minutes ago, adventuredancer said:

come back and post some photos! i'm in that cabin in a few months

You can google the cabin #'s and come up with several photos for these type of cabins.  That's what I did prior to our first time in the L-shaped cabin.

• Like 1