maya palms is fantastic

sarahcruise

We just returned Sat. 4th of Feb, the 13 (6 adults, 7 children)of us visited Maya Palms on Wed. 1. Wow, what a beautiful place. We caught a bus to Mahahaul and then a taxi to the private resort. It took about 15 - 20 min. to get there. It was private only a few other people there. Gave us a chance to relax and spend time with our kids without worry. Big change from the crowded cruise ship, Glory. (nice ship, too big, too many people). Great food, good drinks, lots of chairs, tables, shade, and hammocks. No worries about drinking the water/ice, it was safe. They chopped down a few coconuts for the kids and the kids and Dad's went out in a kayak which was included. The owners were super friendly and very accomadating, they helped the kids find rocks and seeds and such, good stories also. The pool was nice. It was my favorite part of our cruise, loved it, well worth the money! True day in paradise.

We have 3 families looking for something just like this in Costa Maya. Once you arrived was everything ala carte or a package price for the day??? What were the prices??? How much was the taxi ride??? It's hard to find things to do for 3 families on 3 different budgets but I'm trying!!!!

on the 23rd of January, ron was the DM, a very good experience, We were in a hurry to make sure we did noyt miss the ship- coulda stayed a lot longer ,,,,but it is quiet peaceful and beautiful jungle area, Rustic...not PDC or Coz in any way....:D

you'll have a great time.

Sorry it took so long for me to reply, I couldn't log on for some reason. The bus from the pier was $3 p.p. then the cab to Maya Palms was $15 one way, then they came back and got us and took us straight to the pier for $20. It truly is a lovely place. We got to choose either lunch/buffet (very good) or open bar being included in the price we paid. It was $32 for an adult and $25 for children. It included 1/2 hour in the kayaks, we did not snorkel there. Our one son didn't like the buffet, he's very picky, so they fixed him a plain cheese quesidillia (sp). One drink was also included, cokes were $1, mixed drinks $5 and beer was $2 I think. Great day!

Archived