Cabo Rey?

Vernoncruise

I have been trying to get some more info on the Cabo Rey whale watching excusrions. They responded to my email and let me know that it was a cost of $40 pp, and that the whale watching season would be pretty much over on 3/19 (but they do have snorkeling), but I need to know more specifics like the days, times of departure and how to pre-reserve. Haven't heard anything back in days, so I am considering going with the tall ship excursion through Celebrity. Anybody else have any additional info?

We went through the ships excursion for Whale Watching last Mid-March. We saw several Humpbacks and had a good time. We didn't take the Tall ship, and I don't think it would be fast enough for great Whale Watching at that time of year anyway. We took the bigger Passenger tour boat but it was NOT the Caba Rey, I can't remember the name but it was offered by the ship. The Zodiacs are the fastest and get up closer but there is one problem with the Zodiacs, no toilet....... so we take the bigger tour boats with open bar , snacks and restrooms. It's all good.

I'd take a chance and take the tour. You'll probably get up close with a few Whales and they also cruise into the Arches area for good viewing of seals on the rocks and photo opportunities. Another fun thing to see on the tour is Manta Reys. They come flying out of the water flapping their wings and it's quite a sight to see. I wish I had video of it.

At any rate, whatever you decide on, have a great cruise!:)

PS: There is some pictures of the Whale Watching tour at my site below, check them out.

Wow - thanks for the great pictures. Celebrity offers 3 whale watching tours. The first is the zodiac. I wouldlove it, but my husband gets sea sick and would not like it (and we have a 10 year old with us). so that's out. Then there is the tall ship excursion, which states it has an open bar. Slow, but at least we'll have some refreshment. Third, they have the just plain whale watching. This doesn't list anything about what ship it is, and nothing about open bar. It also says to be careful about sea sickness. At $66 per person, that seems high without something more. Is this the same one that you took? Maybe they eliminated the open bar?

That sounds like it to me but to be honest, I forgot how much it was. Mine was provided by Celebrity also , so more than likely the same. We enjoyed it and there was a good narrater on board. You can take it early and still get back in time to shop till you drop.;)

Archived