Gluten Free on Symphony of the Seas - ideas/help

My daughter and I both have celiac.   A year ago I wasn't overly impressed with the gluten-free choices on the Symphony.  Anyone been on there recently that has info on gluten-free options - cakes, breads and the fun stuff (not just the obvious "hey - grilled chicken is gluten free" - lol)?   For instance, can we not get gluten free pasta in the main dining room?  How about at Jamie's Italian?   Any recommendations for specific "off the menu" gluten-free items you've requested and they've been able to do?  I know people say to let your Head Waiter know and they'll take care of it.  Problem is that in reality we'll get a preview of the next night's menu, but nothing really special happens other than choosing something gluten free from the next day's menu.    Plus we really like the specialty restaurants and did not know what types of fun/cool gluten free items they can make.

We can get burgers, steaks and grilled chicken anywhere of course - but we are hoping they can do some really good breads, pastries, breakfast foods, or other great goods in a gluten free method, which would normally be full of gluten.

Thanks in advance!!!

-Rob

Cruised twice with DD who has celiac on Adventure (2018) & Explorer (2013) . In addition to showing her the menu the night before, they told her that most, if not all of the non gfree meals could be modified to be gfree. IE, if it came with a potato croquette, which had breading, they would give her a baked potato. Or, if it was a soup, the chef could make it specially gluten free. The only exceptions were things like ravioli or specialty pastas that were not made on the ship, but were commercial products. There was definitely gfree pasta available (usually penne). The main problems were lack of gfree desserts -- only so many times she felt like creme brulee.  She could also ask for gfree french toast or pancakes the night before.

Talk to the headwaiter the first night, and see what they can do for you.

Edited by MaryCS62

Somewhat ship dependent (check my previous reviews for some of my experiences as a Celiac vegetarian). Definitely yes on the GF pasta; it was usually penne in the MDR and longer options in Giovanni's Table. They have GF bread, but it is usually more like toast in the MDR (but made in a designated toaster, so win there), and sometimes GF rolls in the WJ. If you ask for GF Chocolate Cake from your HW one night, they can usually make it, though I found it to be pretty dry and overall meh. Depending on the ship, sometimes there are some really solid GF desserts in WJ, and sometimes it is like jello or mousse only. One ship, the Explorer in Alaska, had a HW Belic, who got the kitchen to make his own recipe for a vegan, nut free, GF chocolate cake/fudge that they served with berries and was amazing. No luck on getting this replicated elsewhere.

Usually cafe promande has Udi's cookies and the pizza place has made to order GF pizza.

I will say that short of pastries and fresh baked goodies, you will eat well (especially if you eat meat and fish), but I wouldn't pin your hopes on delicious baked goods.