What if Celebrity

joeyanddavid

Would you buy a speciialty Cove Coffe Card if offered?  

255 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a speciialty Cove Coffe Card if offered?

I haven't sailed Celebrity yet but I'm looking at an upcoming cruise. I've sailed HAL and Carnival and they both have free coffee in the buffet area 24/7. Are you guys saying coffee is only available at meal times?

No No No.. MrLee.... we are referring to "specialty coffee’s” .. latte, mocha's espresso…. beverages such as those.. not the 100% Columbian coffee.... that’s available free 24 hrs a day..

No No No.. MrLee.... we are referring to "specialty coffee’s” .. latte, mocha's espresso…. beverages such as those.. not the 100% Columbian coffee.... that’s available free 24 hrs a day..

WHEW! You had me worried. We can't survive without coffee (actually, we usually carry a small coffee pot and suplies with us). Fortunately, neither of us care about flavored coffe...we prefer plain old Columbian. :p

Hi Joey...

While I love the specialty coffees, I don't think I would buy enough to use a card. I usually just want a cup or two of coffee in the morning and once in awhile one in the afternoon. Have to use decaf, too, these days, and the cappucinos and expressos aren't as good using decaf. Now, if they have a card for martinis or pina coladas, I'd go for that. :D

Under the "cruise foodies" board, there is a lot of discussion about the "100% Columbian coffee". Someone says it is a liquid concentrate YUKKKK!!!!!!! We will be bringing our coffee and a Black n Decker to go pot. Does anyone know if you can get REAL coffee in the Cova Cafe? You know, the kind that is made with real beans that have been ground ;)

Under the "cruise foodies" board, there is a lot of discussion about the "100% Columbian coffee". Someone says it is a liquid concentrate YUKKKK!!!!!!! We will be bringing our coffee and a Black n Decker to go pot. Does anyone know if you can get REAL coffee in the Cova Cafe? You know, the kind that is made with real beans that have been ground ;)

yes they do use beans in the Cova

• 1 month later...

173 Cruise Critic screen names have voted in this poll.

I am bumping it up again. There is 45 days left to vote.

Please be aware; I have been assured by Joan Bernheimer that Celebrity is looking at this poll and your comments.

This information was provided to me after I forward my ideas to her.

So please Vote and encourage others to do as much.

Thank you

Instead of an unlimited soda card, HAL is now offering a 20 punch card for $18.75. I hear so many people say that they didn't get their money's worth on an "all you can drink" soda card, that this might be an idea for X, as well.

I think a punch card works well for several reasons. With a punch card you could share with hubby and nobody would feel you are beating the system, when 20 sodas are drunk you're done with the card. RCL used to have a punch card for wine and beer. I got stuck not using all my glasses of wine and was told it would be good on future cruises but they discounted the program. I would advise anyone with a punch card to use it all up or potentially you will loose it.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably not just because I'm loathe so spend on something I might not use. I have heard crummy stories about the soda cards. I had one latte on my last Millie cruise and I wasn't that impressed. I did salivate when I spotted a Starbucks in Athens, but didn't make it over to it. The regular coffee is that great, it's a sore spot on cruising for me.

~Cheryl

I agree that an "unlimited latte" card would overrun the little cafes on board Celebrity; that said, a punch card for specialty coffees would be a great idea. I love a good strong cup of coffee...

...but not the foo-foo drinks that sound like overpriced milkshakes...I love being behind the guy at Fourbucks who orders a venti-triple-decaf-wet-vanilla-no foam-soy latte...within earshot I'll ask for COFFEE, JUST COFFEE-FLAVORED COFFEE, PLEASE.

If they offer the punch card, I'm in.

Had heard nasty things about the coffee onboard. Although we make fresh coffee each morning at home with a mix of whole coffee beans, did not find the coffee in the dining room or the buffet at all offensive, as some have posted. Just to set the record straight (at least, in our humble opinion).

Yes, yes, yes! I would definitely buy a latte card! I am also a loyal "bean" lover. As most know, very good coffee has much less caffeine than that cheap "brew" they call coffee! Besides, it would have to be a big improvement over the soda card!

If Celebrity would offer the chance to purchase unlimited specialty coffees (lattes..Mochas , and hot chocolate) from Cova Café would you purchase on and based on a seven night cruise what would you pay.. Keeping in mind the cost of fountain drink cards. Thanks

Yes if priced reasonable as the "free" coffee is awful. I do not do Starbucks but the X coffee at least on our recent Infinity trip was pretty bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived