Symphony anyone on board now

Mrclean3

Sailing onSymphony of the Seas March 14, 2020. With grandchildren and their mother. 
8,11,15  was wondering if anyone is onboard now and how things were going. 
Have you missed any stops, does everyone seem healthy. Any precaution taking place 

Grandkids mother ( a school nurse) is getting a little nervous with all the advance training going on in school districts 

Weather good? 
Phil 

We were on the SOS last week. Weather good except for sail away-misty drizzle- and last night. Last day at Coco Cay very windy. But weather is variable. 7 day forecasts for our cruise on the Friday before sailing had no predictions of the rain on Saturday or wind on Coco Cay. 

Missed no ports but were at Costa Maya when the van, drivers went on strike and they closed the port for a couple of hours. Ruined ship excursions for 3 ships but it's all over now. 

Impressed with all the sinks, and hand sanitizers everywhere. Use them. Also impressed by the no touch door openers on public restroom doors. 

Heard of no one sick or quarantined but with 6K people there probably were some. 

Bring Clorox wipes and practice good hygiene. You'll be fine. Enjoy your cruise. 

Edited by crewsweeper

6 hours ago, Mrclean3 said:

Sailing onSymphony of the Seas March 14, 2020. With grandchildren and their mother. 
8,11,15  was wondering if anyone is onboard now and how things were going. 
Have you missed any stops, does everyone seem healthy. Any precaution taking place 

Grandkids mother ( a school nurse) is getting a little nervous with all the advance training going on in school districts 

Weather good? 
Phil 

On now and everything is great. The first few days there was some boat movement, no stops missed. Windy but nice weather, St Maarten and San Juan were hot and nice. Coco Cay tomorrow, no one seems concerned with health scare, lots of hand washing and the crew is seen doing extra cleaning. 

16 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

We were on the SOS last week. Weather good except for sail away-misty drizzle- and last night. Last day at Coco Cay very windy. But weather is variable. 7 day forecasts for our cruise on the Friday before sailing had no predictions of the rain on Saturday or wind on Coco Cay. 

Missed no ports but were at Costa Maya when the van, drivers went on strike and they closed the port for a couple of hours. Ruined ship excursions for 3 ships but it's all over now. 

Impressed with all the sinks, and hand sanitizers everywhere. Use them. Also impressed by the no touch door openers on public restroom doors. 

Heard of no one sick or quarantined but with 6K people there probably were some. 

Bring Clorox wipes and practice good hygiene. You'll be fine. Enjoy your cruise. 

I was on SOS last week also.  Weather bad for embarkation and debarkation.  Last day at Coco Cay it was partly sunny/cloudy in the morning, rain sprinkles, off and on and then a torrential downpour around 2:30, massive lines to get back on the ship, extremely windy.  Not fun.  I was in 8546.  Cabin across the hall had a security guard sitting outside of it for the last two days.  We were told by our room steward that the person was quarantined.  Medical emergency on the last night of the cruise, sped back to Miami, arriving at 12:30 a.m.  

WOW!  How did I miss a torrential downpour in mid afternoon?   We were back on the ship around 2 but could have sworn I was running around somewhere and remember no water on our balcony.  Was pretty windy all day at Coco Cay. But mostly sunny around Chill Island.  

And I know the ship was back in port early AM, sudden stillness woke me up around 3.

Was the  med emergency related to the quarantined cabin?  They can quarantine people to cabins for a lot of things.  Presence of a guard makes me suspect it may have been behaviorally related.