What are you "must take" photos??

amarvel

We plan on taking a camera and a video camera. The only problem is getting both of us in the shots. Well not really a problem if I take my tripod. I do edit my videos later.

I am trying to decide if I should take the camcorder on excursions, especially the Fiesta Party boat. Of course I don't want to spend my whole vacation video taping. Any suggestions or words of caution from anyone. Do's and dont's.

i always take pics of the beautiful desserts i get at dinner...they present them so well!!

my husband thinks i'm nuts but loves the pics after he sees them back home!! icon_smile.gif

oh, and lets not forget the beautiful arrangements and carvings they have on the gala midnight buffets!! icon_smile.gif

Marsha

Premier Oceanic 10/89

Carnival Destiny 9/97

Carnival Triumph 10/99

RCCL Majesty-Seas 3/02

Carnival Legend 10/02

CCL Fascination 1/03

Dawn Princess 12/03

Carnival Legend 10/04

I've taken my camcorder (as well as other camera) on the past two cruises...and am SO glad I did! The photos are great to have, BUT the video is even better, because you have all the sights, sounds, and action!

I have video of dolphins frolicking alongside the ship, dancers in Cozumel, local children playing, etc. You can't capture moments like that with a still camera.

Oh, and I'm usually a solo cruiser. I've found that fellow passengers and others on the islands are happy to take photos or footage of you. Just ask!

Take your camcorder! icon_smile.gif

Festivale 1987

Carnivale 1988

Mardi Gras 1989

Pacific Princess 1990

Norway 1994

Holiday 2001

Holiday 2002

Holiday 2003

oldvato

"don't want to spend my whole vacation video taping."

We can mount our cameras to your hat or helmet

from

http://www.palmvid.com/products/PVADVENTURECAM.htm

USS Chilton APA-38 1966-1968

USS Guam LPH-9 1968-1970

Pacific Princess Oct 21 2001 Bermuda

Golden Princess Dec 7 2002 "Eastern Caribbean"

Coral Princess Dec 9 2003 "Panama Canal"

Carnival Miracle 17 Oct 2004

NOT UPDATED again 25 Feb www.geocities.com/fsbsdel

Don't forget your underwater disposable cameras! On the ship, you'll pay double what you could buy one at home for. And don't forget, they're good for "standing in the water where I wouldn't dare take my $450 digital camera" pictures, too. At Stingray City - our guide took a picture of our family holding a stingray, while, unbeknownst to us, the Captain was behind us holding another one above my shoulder - what a great surprise when I got my film back! Enjoy!

• 2 months later...

What a great thread. We always take a picture of the ship out the back window as we are driving away from the pier. Great as a last photo in your album. I've gotten to where I take photos all around the ship so our friends who have never cruised or are anticipating their first cruise kind of know what to expect. I think on our next cruise I will take photos of the menus that are displayed outside the dining room. We also take a lot of photos on our shore excursions. We have a digital camera and several memory cards to get lots of photos. It's always easy to delete the ones we don't want.

Don't forget your underwater disposable cameras! On the ship, you'll pay double what you could buy one at home for. And don't forget, they're good for "standing in the water where I wouldn't dare take my $450 digital camera" pictures, too. At Stingray City - our guide took a picture of our family holding a stingray, while, unbeknownst to us, the Captain was behind us holding another one above my shoulder - what a great surprise when I got my film back! Enjoy!

Canon has an excellent underwater case for their PowerShot "S" series of digital cameras, good to 100' (I suspect they probably have similar cases for other high-end cameras). I got some super photos snorkeling, cave tubing, etc. and it is also great for anytime you're worried about rain and being able to use a camera (no worries!) Makes my camera doubly useful on vacations and the photo quality is so much better than disposable underwater cameras.

Archived