Questions Milli Cruise

RhondaPerr

Hi,

So far we are booked on the Milli for April and then again in July. I think I have pretty much decided that if my cruise in April is not up to snuff then I am going to cancel my July cruise....But if everything major is okay...I do have some questions... First, I am on the Panaorama Deck...CC any comments about the cabins on that deck?? Second my flight going home from Venice leaves at 10:50am....Will we be able to make a flight that early? We were lucky enough to get non-stop to Barcelona on Continental, but our return on Luftansa we change planes in Frankfurt. Any thoughts on Luftansa? Last question for now......Do you have to carry your passport around with you when you are on shore? I have been reading about the pickpockets, and although awareness is the key, nothing is 100 percent!

Rhonda

We were on Panorama Deck CC cabin 8169 in Sept. - great location! The ship went into drydock in November so not sure if the cabins were updated then (the cabin was a little tired looking in Sept. - but no major complaints.) Everything about the cruise was wonderful, so I hope you don't cancel.

Disembarkation in Venice began at 5:50 a.m. so you should have no problem making the 10:50 flight (it's a half hour drive to the airport from the terminal.) We also left on that flight, but a day later as we wanted an extra night in Venice. Lufthansa is a good airline.

We carry photocopies of our passports on port days.

We were in cabin 8134, Venice to Barcelona last May. Great location on the Panorama deck. Great ship. Great cruise. We carried our passports with us throughout Europe. However, leaving them in cabin safe and carrying a photocopy actually sounds like a good idea. Enjoy your cruise.

:)

Rhonda

We were on Panorama Deck CC cabin 8169 in Sept. - great location! The ship went into drydock in November so not sure if the cabins were updated then (the cabin was a little tired looking in Sept. - but no major complaints.) Everything about the cruise was wonderful, so I hope you don't cancel.

We were on the Millie immediately following the drydock. Not much was done to the inside. It looked like the outside was repainted and possibly some mechanical work was done. But the inside still showed signs of wear. In fact the Chihuly chandelier looked like it needed a good dusting.

The drydock time was cut short as the location was changed from Marseille to the north of Spain. They did extend her drydock time 2 days - but instead of taking one day to reach the drydock site from Barcelona, it took 3 days. With another 3 days to return even with the 2 day extension, the ship only had 8 days in drydock instead of 10.

Archived