Cruise Assurance Refund w/ "PlusGrade" (Upgrade Bid)

scorpioalon

We are scheduled to be on the Seaside on 3/21 (3 cabins - one of which we won a bid for an upgrade on) and are taking advantage of the "Cruise Assurance" program to re-book for another time. I called on Monday after they announced the policy, waited on hold for an hour, and was told that the system was not yet updated to handle these requests. I called back on Tuesday and after another hour got through to someone. Here are my learnings:

1) Any post-booking purchases (internet, spa, etc.) have to be canceled/refunded BEFORE you use the Cruise Assurance policy

2) Requests for standard bookings will have the phone agent generate an email with the promise that the "credit" will arrive within 14 days

3) Any booking with a "PLUSGrade" cannot be canceled yet. They said they had not yet made a determination on how to handle these and I was directed to call back in 48 hours (Thursday afternoon). As I still have over a week to submit this request, I am not worried. But for those of you who paid for an upgrade using the bid system, prepare for a headache . . . 

55 minutes ago, NameThatFunnel said:

From speaking with a rep yesterday, I was advised that the full Plusgrade amount would roll into the FCC.

i was assured of the same, but the problem is they don't know "how" to do it yet 😕

Yesterday I was told I would receive a FCC certificate via email in 7 days for the original fare I paid for the cruise and told I would receive a refund on my credit card for the amount I paid on the upgrade bid.  They said that would be posted to my credit card in 12-14 days.  I was happy to get that news but now after reading what you were told, I'm not sure what to expect.