Is there any big savings while trying to book a cruise onboard?

Cruiser#5

The last time we looked into this (Jewel Nov. 05), they were offering onboard credits based on the level of cabin, up to $200.

We could have booked with the cruiseline and transferred the booking to our local TA, but we didn't for one reason or another.

When we got back, we had our TA price the same cruises and she was far less expensive than NCL, even with the onboard credits.

That's our experience. I'm sure it depends on the cruise.

If I were to do it again, I'd price the cruises I was interested in BEFORE we went, then we'd know for sure if we should book on board or not.

We just returned from the Dawn and the old system of booking a future cruise on board and getting a shipboard credit for the future cruise has now been replaced by a new "Latitudes Bonus Rewards" system.

You make a $500. deposit on board and receive the following:

A $50. instant on-board shipboard credit on your current cruise

A $550. discount on your next NCL cruise booking.

You don't have to book it on board but must make a new booking within one year and take the new cruise within 2 1/2 years. There are also some additional perks. You can still shop around for the best price for your future booking. In effect, you put down $500. and get $600. back.

Dolphins does this mean that you don't need to specify the date/ship at the time you give the deposit? You do that at a later date and apply the $550? Sorry, I'm confused....

That's exactly what they stressed in the presentation. Your deposit is on record and you can use it anytime within a year to book a future cruise at your convenience and using the TA of your choice. At the time you book the cruise, you make a deposit and NCL will deduct the $550. from the final payment due. Much more convenient than committing to a specific future cruise while on board the ship when you are limited to only the cruises presently scheduled.

Dolphins does this mean that you don't need to specify the date/ship at the time you give the deposit? You do that at a later date and apply the $550? Sorry, I'm confused....

That's exactly what they stressed in the presentation. Your deposit is on record and you can use it anytime within a year to book a future cruise at your convenience and using the TA of your choice. At the time you book the cruise, you make a deposit and NCL will deduct the $550. from the final payment due. Much more convenient than committing to a specific future cruise while on board the ship when you are limited to only the cruises presently scheduled.

We purchased this program when we were on the Dawn in November. A $50 credit was immediately posted to our onboard account for that cruise. I recently booked an April cruise through my TA and $550 was deducted from our final payment. NCL has your Bonus Reward info on file, so there's no paperwork etc. to send in. Great program, and very easy to use!

Archived