Crocs Question

Patgo

I have just found out what these were. Are they hot? Do you wear them barefoot or with socks. How do they run in width. I have a wide foot and I am always looking for something comfortable.

It looks like they are made from some sort of plastic so I am wondering if your feet sweat in them.

Thanks

I wore them with socks while flying from Colorado to Galveston and back...cold on the day we got back from our cruise because it had snowed the day before in Colorado. Wore them everywhere on the cruise except for formal nights. Absolutely loved them on the deck and for walking on the beach. My feet did not sweat or feel hot, not really a plastic more like a foam material but durable and so lightweight. I have a pair of the Caymans size 6, I wear a 6 wide normally, they fit a little loose and comfy. I went to crocs.com and found a couple of local places that carry them so that I could try them on before buying. I am getting ready to buy the Nile style for our Poland trip this summer. Enjoy they are alot of fun to wear! :)

I just bought the Cayman and the Nile crocs. I have a narrow foot and the Cayman were very wide, but comfy. Amazingly they stay on. The Nile runs narrow and fit me more snuggly (is that a word:confused: ) The are both very comfortable.

There is an article in our paper about Crocs...the company is going public. They sold their first 1500 crocs in 2002 and since in the first 9 months of 2005 they sold 4.4 million.

"Crocs Inc. whose colorful resin footwear draws questioning looks from the uninitiated and praise from the fans" qoute from the article. :)

If I wear a size 9 1/2 narrow in most shoes, what size Niles would I order? 9? or 10?

Probably 10s. I wear a 7 1/2 - I ordered a pair of Niles in 7 and they were too small. I now have the 8s. They seem a tad too big - but they are better than the 7s.

Oops! I just got done ordering a pair of pink Niles in size 9! One of the websites that sold them had a note saying if you were a 1/2 size to order up unless you have a narrow foot and in that case you should order down, so that's what I did. TupeloHoney, do you have a narrow foot too? Hopefully the website gave accurate advice. I'll find out when they arrive! I couldn't possibly order up in the other styles of Crocs that I've tried (Beach, Cayman). I tried on a size 10 in the Caymans and I could have put both feet in one shoe it was so wide! I hear the Niles are more narrow though, but with my narrow foot, I'm hoping the size 9 will be just right! :confused:

No, I don't have a narrow foot - I have an average foot. Hopefully the 9s will work fine for you. Hopefully they know what they are talking about on their website! :) If not, it's pretty easy to exchange stuff with them.

It's hard - because I really need a 7 1/2! By Caymans are fine because I wear them with socks but my Niles are too big (but the 7 Niles were too small), and my flip flips (8s) are really too big. I'm contemplating if I should return or exchange those. I can hardly keep them on my feet! But the 7s I tried in the Niles were just too small for me. It was a length issue though - not a width issue.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! ;) It's amazing how happy my lime green Caymans make me! :)

Well, I'm hoping that the open toe of the Niles will make the length issue less of a problem. My problem with all the crocs I've tried thus far is the incredible width of them! 9's are still too wide and my toes do touch the end of the shoe, but 10's are WAAAAAYYYYYY too big. I'm thinking with the Niles, my toes will be okay even if they are right at the end of the shoe, since the style is open-toed. I've already returned several pairs of Crocs in my exhaustive search for a pair that fits. If these don't fit I am giving up on my search! I just won't get to be a member of the Crocs Fan Club! :(

Yes, I was really really surprised how big the flip flops ran - I think I would have looked for a 5 if I could have found it (but my feet are a little narrow). My Birkenstock stores said they didn't get any fives in. I really really like mine. I think they will be great for shore excursions and to and from the pool because they can get wet - drip dry really fast too. They are SO comfortable!

I tried on the regular crocs and they fit just right, true to size.

It was just the flip flops that felt like flippers in a size 8 which is why I went down. I also like flip flops to not be big because I can be clumsy and slip.

I think you'll be thrilled with them. I can't wait till my cruise (16 days!) so I can wear mine - it snowed here this morning!

Well, I cannot find the flip flops anywhere in our area so I ordered them online. Now, I am really worried after reading your posts. It said if you wore a 1/2 size to order up. I wear 8-1/2 so ordered 9. Now, I am worried that they will be huge. :eek: I don't think I will have time to return them and get a smaller size before our cruise. I should have ordered both sizes but they charge to return and do not charge to exchange! Do you think I should go ahead and order the size 8 anyway? :confused: TG23

Travel Girl - did they already ship them? Can you call and just change it?

I think the 9's will be just huge. Perhaps if you call you can catch it. Otherwise, I would try to order an 8 (expedited) and then just return the 9's if you can - that way you can try on both and decide. They have a big base on the bottom - (really cute though) and I just found they ran really big.

I ordered the flippies - I have a very wide foot and usually order an 8. The first pair of Athens I ordered in the 8 and they are fine - a bit roomy - but fine - I got the oyster and orange color. Because I loved them so much I needed another color (black and red) and ordered the size 7 - they fit like a glove. I will keep both pairs and wear them like crazy. They are just the most comfy flippies I've ever had. I even donated my birkies after these arrived. I got them from www.cagreetings.com Here is the link to the crocs page http://cagreetings.com/index.php?cPath=79&osCsid=109c2bae4396f4b8091e2901f49791a6 They shipped really fast.

Later,

Kim

Thank you soooo much, VuittonMom!!! I called and caught the order before it was shipped and got them changed to an 8. :D I don't know why I didn't think of that. :p I feel better now. They really shouldn't put that 1/2 size up on their shoes, especially when they run larger. Thanks again - TG23

Great! Do you think the width of the flip-flops would be an issue for someone with a narrow foot? (I'm picturing myself stumbling over the excess shoe that would be hanging out on both sides of my feet...sort of like clown feet). I have not had any luck at all finding Crocs to fit my narrow foot. I did just order a pair of Niles yesterday because I heard they were more narrow than the other styles. But I'm thinking the flip-flops may not be a bad choice either. My other problem is....I hate thong sandals of ANY type, but I am thinking maybe I could tolerate this foam-type thong between my toes. I can NOT wear a traditional rubber flip-flop at all partly because of the discomfort of the thong between my toes and definitely because a traditional flip-flop has NO arch support at all. I have heel spurs and plantar fasciitis. Gotta have that arch support! Oh, woe is me! :( ;) :D

I have ordered and returned so many pairs of unsuccessful Crocs! :o I truly hope the Niles I ordered work out! I'm not ordering another pair if they don't! I wish I could find these styles out in the stores, but I can't. It would be so much easier to just try them on in person. I did order my Niles from ExtremeFootwear.com so I didn't have to pay any shipping. But, if I have to return them, I do have to pay for that. Maybe this summer the stores will start carrying the Athens style! If I could just slip a pair on and see what that darned thong feels like, I could make a better judgement! Oh the stress that these darned feet have caused me today! ;)

Archived