Corkage charge for wine taken onboard?

LUCY55

I've taken 2-3 bottles on my cruises, which I usually consume in my cabin, but have taken a bottle or two to the dining room. I've never been charged a corkage fee, but that's what it says in the brochures.

I believe the new policy is ONE bottle per person can be brought on during embarkation only....not from ports.

luvy,

we recently returned from the Conquest and took two bottles of wine to be served to our two tables(10 persons total) on one evening. both bottles were uncorked and served for us, but i never saw a corking fee on our bill. not sure if this is because we were gold card status or not. but whatever the cause it is ok because we were willing to pay the fee if necessary.

Hehehe-I brought 2 bottles, 375 ml each of wine and 1 750 ml bottle of champagne on board. No problem. DBF brought 2 bottles of 750 ml wine on board. He brought both bottles to the dining room-waiter warned us that he had to charge a $10 corking fee, but never asked for the card either time. :D I had my wine on the balcony, but gave the champagne to our Steward, who had commented (by leaving a note with our Post-Its, lol) on the quality of it (cost me $7 at home, but it was a good champagne!).

On the Elation last year though, DBF was charged $10 each time he brought wine to the dining room, which was 3 times. :( That was before the whole 'Gold Card' thing, so who knows?

Archived