Tanning Bed Question

trustthedj

[B][FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=purple]SCDreamweaver,[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=#800080]I'm with you.... I'm convinced my little not-so-thin areas are better if they are tan.... lolllllll .... loved it..... I'm starting Tuesday for my cruise.. Last weekend I was tanning naturally but this weekend, rain, rain and more rain......[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=#800080][/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=#800080]Trustthedj,[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=#800080]I know what you mean about the eye goggles.... But I don't tan my face at all....I use one of the towels, put the goggles on and the towel over my face/goggles.... [/COLOR][/FONT][/B]

I never tan my face...always use a towel (or two). Just had eye surgery so I use the eye things PLUS one towel folded over my eyes and one towel fold in half over my face.

Have always worn sunglasses to protect my eyes when outside and always did the towel thing in a tanning bed. Ended up with a cataract (mine was from an injury) ....Dr said sun and bright lights are a factor to getting them. Protect your eyes!!!

Wish I could, but i dont think i could go up there without him,,,,,,BUT, BUT, I do think I have him talked into Orient Beach,,,,,,at least Bikini Beach,,,,,,,,If i could get him a little further down the beach,,,,,to the au natural,,,,we'll see, wish me luck....I just don't want tan lines this time....

I have been tanning for the last 2 weeks about every other day, to every 2 days or so. But have found that I have been sooo itchy, my back and my stomach and chest, not my arms or legs... has anyone else had this problem. I burnt the first day, and cover up the area between my breasts... but am still itchy! its driving me nuts!

Moisturize. Moisturize. Moisturize. I use the beds, once a week for 12 min. Then before I go on vacation I go 2-3 times a week for 12 min. I use a non-tingle bronzer. I only itched once and that was when I first started and increased my time by too much. I put lotion on every morning and then after I tan. When I was itchy that time I just put lotion in my purse and whenever I went to the ladies room I would lotion up. It really helps.

I wasnt itching until I read these posts!!! :rolleyes: And how do you guys get the lotion on your backs when you are in the bed?? I keep my lotion at the salon due to the bronzers separating - I have thought about taking DH to do the rubbing but... prob a law against it........ :cool:

I haven't itched since I started almost 2 months ago.. I have to moisturize alot.. I put cream on my face atleast 10 times a day.. I have dry skin to begin with.. :(

What I do twice or 3 times a week.. I shower in the evenings.. and use baby oil gel.. all over.. it is not messy like the plain oil.. and my skin loves it!!!:p

I don't do my back with lotion.. but it still has colour..

[quote name='bluejeans']Wish I could, but i dont think i could go up there without him,,,,,,BUT, BUT, I do think I have him talked into Orient Beach,,,,,,at least Bikini Beach,,,,,,,,If i could get him a little further down the beach,,,,,to the au natural,,,,we'll see, wish me luck....I just don't want tan lines this time....[/quote]

LOL I am sure if you can get him there he will be all for your ladies sucking up the bright carribean sun:D :p

[quote name='Keksie']Moisturize. Moisturize. Moisturize. I use the beds, once a week for 12 min. Then before I go on vacation I go 2-3 times a week for 12 min. I use a non-tingle bronzer. I only itched once and that was when I first started and increased my time by too much. I put lotion on every morning and then after I tan. When I was itchy that time I just put lotion in my purse and whenever I went to the ladies room I would lotion up. It really helps.[/QUOTE]

I have been moisturizing in the morning, before I go to bed and right after the shower. This itching is just driving me crazy, its almost as bad as a bug bite! lol and when you start scratching you just can't stop! its awful, never in all the times I have ever gone tanning has it done this and I don't understand why. I asked the girls at the salon today about it and they said maybe it could be I have a allergic reaction to their cleaner, but then why would I be itching on the front? hmmm

All these tips are great. I also started with the beds this week and have been in 2x already. I have the starter bed with facial first time 10 min second time 10 min and the second time I noticed some color even DH did. Going tonight to tan and adding time moving up to 12 minutes. Unfortunately my salon was having a sale and I got 10 sessions for $10 and the sale ended Sunday and forgot to add another 10 sessions...I could kick myself. I make sure I tan before I vacation, I am very fair (Irish Skin) and burn every time I dont use the bed before vacation. Its a good thing to get your base before you go on vacation so you dont burn the heck out of yourself the first day and ruin the rest of your vacation. I cant wait!!!!

Something nobody's mentioned-drink lots of water! I got really, really itchy too, moisturized all the time, and still was itchy. I could even see the dry skin when I was in the stand up, especially just above my panty line (I kept the panties on)! Try explaining to your SO that your ladies are peeling, lol. :eek:

While it didn't take away the itching, upping my liquid intake helped a bit. ;)

[quote name='bluejeans']You have to be a contortonist (sp) :confused: to get your back, but I get all I can reach :D[/quote]

Try putting a lot of lotion on the back of your hand, then use the back of your hand to get those other spots on the back of your torso. (Tip from my chiropractor) Hope that helps.

I tan every day for 10 minutes in a stand up. The only time I have ever had a problem with itching was if I burned. That may be your problem right now. This usually indicates that you will peel. I have been using a tanning booth for several years to begin my base tan then afterwards it off for 8 hours to the beach every Saturday. I have never had the itching problem except if I burned. Good advise, mosturize as it can help stop the itching and might stop the peeling.

Archived