?? Do you really need your E-docs? RCC says yes/no!!

lilmsonry

Geeeeeeez, you would think you could get a straight answer from RCC. I have called twice. Here is the deal- When I printed cruise-docs it had hubby's name on it. He originally was going, now cousin going in his place. When I print the e-docs, it still has his name on it, although, when I print setsail pass it has cousin's name on it. RCC says it needs to have cousin's name on it, although they can't seem to get it on there. Called back spoke with another person and they said we don't even need the e-docs, just the set sail pass.

So, experienced RCC cruisers, please tell me what I actually need for my cousin and I to both board without any hold-ups. Help, driving me crazy. I like to be all prepared and not winging it at last minute.:eek: ...Thanks ahead of time. :)

We have been on 7 RC cruises, and have only had the setsail passes for one. They were new when we did our last cruise in August. They did ask for our e-docs at embarkation, the passes just made things go quicker.

Have you received your cruise docs yet? If so what names are on the documents?

Just off the Mariner. When we boarded on the 29th, all they took was the set sail pass. Did not even look at the booklets/docs.

They checked our passports, swiped our credit card, gave us our boarding cards and we were done in about one minute.

They can issue e-docs with the name change. I would do this to make sure the new name is on the manifest.

All you need is your ID and a credit card. They match up the ID with the manifest.. and that is all.

Past 10 cruises or so..I haven't had docs.. just my passport and credit card.

I am an agent, if that lends credence to my posting.

Remind me...What is the set sail pass? Thanks!

You can enter your ID information, credit card info, etc. on the RCCL website. Once you've done that and made final payment you can print your set sail pass. Then when you check in at embarkation the agent only has to check your ID and credit card against what you already input in the computer instead of entering all the data themselves. It's a pretty new program... they've only been doing it for about 8 months or so... It really seems to have sped up the lines at embarkation.

Archived