Final Payment Extension

parachutes63

1 hour ago, parachutes63 said:

Has anyone tried to get an extension for their final payment? I have one due on the 29th of April and I am not sure if I want to pay out $4000 and then try to get a refund or FCC for a cruise later on.

If it's too long a wait on the call, you can reach out to them via Facebook messenger. I've two transactions for a June 29th cruise out of Tampa. One I'd paid off early this year, just to get ahead of the game. The other had a final payment due late this month, which they extended until May 29th now. Hopefully we'll know more by then how things are looking. 

Honestly, everyone at Carnival I've deal with the last month have been pretty helpful. They've exceeded my expectations. 

• Like 2

I was wondering the same thing.  My cruise is booked for the last week of October with final payment due in August.  Hopefully, by the summer we will get a handle on how Carnival is handling all the challenges that have presented itself.  

I just went through the scenario where my April cruise was cancelled and chose the FCC and OBC route.  I applied all monies to a cruise I had already booked for April 2021.  However, I have not received my refund for Fun Shop orders I had placed.  Also, Carnival informed me that they could only apply $1,000 towards my April 2021 cruise and they would submit a refund for the balance in the amount of over $500 back to my bank account.  I have not received this refund either and I could certainly use this money right now.  So, everything is in limbo and patience is required.

I am going to call Carnival in August when my final payment is due and request an extension.  I don't want to go through another kerfuffle.  

• Like 1