shipboard credit

mom2girls

Similiar story - Called to check on possible upgrade but was told not yet. Asked about credit and operator came back with a $120 credit icon_biggrin.gif

Sailing 5/20 Fascination. PS Did you get a print copy of your new booking, have heard stories of not getting on board credits on your S & S card but with documentation they take care of it on ship. I had them fax to me while I still had them on the phone. icon_eek.gif

I'm happy for both of you and glad that things worked out in your favor. I read stories like this ALL the time, but the first time that it happens to me, I feel like I'm getting screwed (pardon the language!). When I called my TA when I saw my price drop, I was told there was nothing that could be done...she did call Carnival and said that they almost Never issue shipboard credit (which I don't believe). I booked a BL guarantee AND had a military discount on top of that. Yesterday I see that the price for an 8E is LESS than I paid (and that's without the military discount). I got assigned an 8C cabin and NO credit. I'm trying not to get upset, because I'm happy that I'm going on a cruise, but it still makes me really mad. How do you all get credits/upgrades?? I don't consider an 8C cabin an upgrade since I paid more than what an 8E is going for now....AND I'm supposed to be getting the military discount on top of that! Is my thinking off here????

Thanks for letting me vent a bit, but I truly think somethings "off" here! I even called Carnival and they told me there's nothing that they will do either.

Triumph June 2004

Jubilee July 2002

Time till Triumph on 6/5 countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;6;5;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

[This message was edited by *christina* on 04-28-04 at 12:03 AM.]

Christina- unfortunately, if you are booked other than through Carnival, they will not 'interfere' with your booking agent, and any upgrades and/or shipboard credits must be between you and your TA.

I always book directly w/Carnival PVP, and have rec'd rate reductions and/or shipboard credits on my past three cruises.

Festivale 1987

Carnivale 1988

Mardi Gras 1989

Pacific Princess 1990

Norway 1994

Holiday 2001

Holiday 2002

Holiday 2003

Cotton,

My TA is way less than Carnival's pricing. I originally booked with Carnival but then transferred my booking when Carnival wouldn't/couldn't match their price (this was about 5 months ago). Anyway, TA is still alot lower than Carnival, which is why TA says that Carnival won't give credit or upgrade me any further. What I don't understand is why TA can't change something. I'm getting an 8C but paid MORE than what they are selling 8Es for right now. It just doesn't make sense. BTW this is with BPC (Halos and I must be using different TAs---his gets these things done it seems).

Triumph June 2004

Jubilee July 2002

Time till Triumph on 6/5 countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;6;5;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I'm sorry *christina*. I booked with Travelocity. They're rates on the web site went down, so I called them. They called Carnival and I ended up with the credit. I have heard that some of the online agencies don't issue the credit because their prices are the lowest to begin with. I wouldn't book with them again in the future if they are giving you problems now. Just think how much they are losing from you on future cruises.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;5;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

days until we sail on the Inspiration 5/30/04

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> My TA is way less than Carnival's pricing. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Absolutely agree!! Only once have I booked directly with the cruise line. Last October Princess was try to fill the Golden with a last minute 5 night cruise before repositioning from NYC to Florida. The only way to get the $160 rate was to go direct to Princess. And wound up in an OV.

If you find your TA's prices aren't competitively priced versus Carnival's, it is time to find a new TA!

<html>

<head>

<title></title>

</head>

<body>

<font color="#FF0000">Grand Princess 2-2001</font>

<font color="#0000FF">Grand Princess 12-2001</font>

<font color="#FF8000">Carnival Paradise 3-2002</font>

<font color="#FF00FF">Carnival Destiny 10-2002</font>

<font color="#008000">Golden Princess 10-2003</font>

<font color="#0000A0">Carnival Legend 6-8-2004</font>

dice.gif

</body>

</html>

I just wanted to clarify that I didn't get a ship board credit through BPC either....the price was about $40 less than what I paid and they wouldn't give me credit.

I don't feel too bad about it because their prices are cheaper (FOR MY PARTICULAR CRUISE) than other places. I just happened to check Travelocity because I thought if they give credit after the final palyment, then maybe next time I'll book through them, but I just went and checked and they are charging $150 more than what I'm paying...so I'll just accept that I'm not getting a $40 credit. It's not too hard to swallow as long as I see that I'm still being charged a fantastic rate. IF they won't give a credit than I always ask for an upgrade and I got it. I upgraded 4 cabins from 5A's to 7A's with no hassle and I still have 52 days left...who knows where I'll wind up. As long as those prices drop, they'll have to keep moving my rooms if they won't give me credit.

I believe in Miracles

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;6;19;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

MIRACLE JUNE 19, 2004

Calm Seas, Good Friends

*Christina*,try calling when your agent is not in the office. Speak to someone else. Ask them to go to bat for you with Carnival. It is all about who you speak to. I did this last week and got a $50/pp credit. We had already been upgraded from a 8B to an 8I. The first person I spoke to said Carnival would only change once for a drop in price. I called Carnival, they said that is not necessarily so. So I called back and spoke to a different agent. She called an I got the credit. By the way, my agent was on vacation that week. Wish you luck!!

Beverly

Imagination 5/97

Miracle 5/30/04

Just think how much they are losing from you on future cruises.

I hope it doesn't come to that, but I'm still not pleased. I'm waiting to talk to TA again. The prices have now been reduced even further today. It just makes me mad that someone can book right now and pay nearly $200 less than I did (total) and select their 8E cabin and I booked a BL guarantee (which is supposed to be the least expensive way to go) and have now been assigned an 8C. Does anyone else understand my frustration? I would think that at LEAST I should get the 8E plus I'd also like shipboard credit in the amount that I feel I "overpaid" now. Am I wrong to feel this way???

Gosh, I hate to be a complainer on this board, but this really has gotten me upset.

Triumph June 2004

Jubilee July 2002

Christina,

I totally feel for you. I spent all morning on the phone w/Carnival and my TA trying to get some kind of adjustment. I booked 9 months ahead of time and although I did get a price adjustment once (about 2 weeks ago) they kept telling me there was nothing they could do for me again. The price for my 8A assigned dropped by $180 pp today and I have 5 people going. They ended up giving me $100 shipboard credit (total, not pp) which is better than nothing but I was not happy at all. And I'm sure they only agreed to this b/c I wouldn't give up.I haven't paid in full yet although I'm in the penalty period. Oh well, live and learn...next time I will wait to book and keep watching the prices. Good luck and happy cruising!

Jen

Where are you guys looking. It seems that everywhere I look, the price of my cruise date keeps going up. No price drop anywhere. Elation, on 05/16/2004

I booked with travelocity which includes my 55+ discount and a $100.00 Best Buy gift card.

Archived