Laguna La Restinga National Park, Isla Margarita

winniesbestm8

Hi,

I have posted similar review on other threads so apologies for some duplication, but have included more information on costs for you.

We were on P&O Arcadia and visited Margarita on 23 January.You really should see some of this fantastic Island. It really is amazing. Try contacting Marcella Tinsman on crusin_n_style98@yahoo.com She will outline a tour suggestion, but you can ask her to take you anywhere. Marcella and her husband Steve took us to La Restinga National Park. We had good weather and did not get at all wet! Because Marcella and Steve speak English we did not have any problems with the Spanish speaking guides here.

It really is a lovely island with lots to see, lots to do, lots to explore and discover. Fishing villages, mangrove swamps, beaches, cactus covered low lands, mountains, old traditional villages, big modern cities, old churches, forts, castles, pearls, monkeys, seahorses, starfish, eagles, pelicans and much much more. There is so much to see and discover on this island. It really is an island of contrasts - absolutely fascinating. You really must see it.

Steve and Marcella's trip cost $110. They can take up to 4. So it would be cheaper if you found another couple to share, but still not expensive compared to the ships tours and you get individual treatment!! Steve and Marcella pay for everything on the trip so you do not get hit with exchange rates from $ to Bolivars. We paid $20 extra for the nearly 2 hour trip at the National Park for our family of 4 adults. They bought us beers and a snack lunch and drinks and the total for this came to $3!!!!! The trip lasted over 7 hours. We were in total control of what we wanted to do and wanted to see, but obviously Steve and Marcella have all the local knowledge. We really cannot recommend them enough.

Hope this helps you compare content and costings.

Thankyou,

I have seen your other post on another forum!

I think it will be worth the money if we can get more people but if we dont, it will work out about £70 when we will pay £56 with the ship, so something to weigh up!

Definately going to go there, just at the moment, not sure whether to go with ship or not.

Thank you for all your help!

Hi

I emailed Marcella, and got a response back within 4 hours, she told me what they offered and the prices, and to email they guy who takes the bookings, its now all confirmed.

Dan O'Brien [margarita.island@gmail.com]

www.casatrudel.com look at this site to see if they have the dates available!

Thank you for giving me the correct email to book a tour with Marcella. I had read to email her at crusinstyle98@yahoo.com, I did that over and over again with no reply!! I just emailed the margarita.island@gmail.com and immediately got a response, however unfortunately since I have been waiting to hear from the incorrect email address they are now booked up.

I wanted to let everyone know if you are interested in a tour with Marcella you need to email margarita.island@gmail.com OR obrien1@casatrudel.com-

Winnie, Yes I think OV's price of £28pp (adult) was well worth the price.

However, Marcella does sound better if you can have up to 7 hours for her price (providing you get 4 in the cab!) You will be able to spend longer/shorter times at different places as you see fit.

I originally tried to book them. I had a provisional booking, then oddly got an e.mail several weeks later saying there was a mistake and that they could no longer accommodate me.

Whatever you do, I hope you truly enjoy this island, like we did.

• 1 month later...

We went last month and really enjoyed it. I liked holding the sea horse and star fish in my hand. We did not get a bit wet when we went. Too bad Marcella and Steve Tinsman are booked, their tour is really great. You would have enjoyed it.

Anyone been on this trip?

Is it a good day out (apart from getting wet!)

Archived