Confused about renamed catagories

jmss1950

:confused: My first time posting! We are ex Brits living in the U.S. - Georgia. We started cruising in 2002 with Disney while working for the Mouse and have never looked back. So far we have enjoyed 8 cruises including Celebrity, Disney, Carnival and Holland America, and are eagerly anticipating our Cunard debut on the QM2 over Thanksgiving (departure 11/18/06 from Fort Lauderdale - providing channel markers do not get in the way!). I am somewhat confused about the stateroom catagories. We booked a B3 stateroom - 4096 on deck four, but when looking at deck plans on some travel agent web sites, I notice that 4096 is shown as a B5. On further research it looks as though many catagories have had changes in their designation. Is this the case? If so, does anyone know why?

I am amazed at how much useful information I have been able to gather reading cc's threads. We usually book late seating dinners, but I see that this can interfere with dancing, so I must contact my travel agent and request the earlier seating. Also can anyone give me information on formal nights while in the Caribbean? Is there a Pirate's night? A Black and White Ball or Ascot Ball? I would hate to miss out on anything. Also although we have been to St. Thomas, we have never visited Barbados or St. Kitts, any suggestions for seeing the sights while in port.

Thank you for any information. It will be much appreciated.

Yes for 2006, Cunard have changed a lot of categories. Being cynical, the main reason is that Cunard are able to charge slightly more for the (now)higher category. You will probably find that the other websites to which you refer are showing the 2005 and earlier information. Hope this helps.

Archived