LIVE from the Maasdam

davedawn

Live from the Maasdam

We're on the last sea day before returning to port.

The cruise was quite successful. We had a bit of roughness on the first sea day out and are experiencing some roughness this morning. Unfortunately, high seas prevented our stop in Half Moon Cay. Otherwise, our ports of call were great. We did have some serious internet outages but they appear to be fixed now. The weather was very pleasant, except for some raininess in St. Kitts. However, it didn't stop us from snorkeling, and the rain stopped in time for shoppers to venture out, although there were limited shops open because it was Sunday. St. Kitts, however, was probably the most beautiful of our stops.

We had no engine problems. I heard of one room flooding, but the occupants took it with very good nature, despite the fact that they were travelling with children (among the very few onboard).

All in all, it was a wonderful trip and I hope those of you who follow will have as great a time as we have.

Want to see photos?

http://www.dawndave.com/cruise06/cruise06.asp

Posted this on the HAL section too

We are on the Masdaam, too. Davedawn, I am impressed with your ability to get your pictures on so quick. They are great. Interestingly, I do not think I have seen you on the ship. Just goes to show that it is intimate in some ways and I am seeing some folks for the first time today.

The first day was pretty rough. I did not think I would get seasick, but I had about two hours of it. I took one Meclizine (free on ship) and immediately felt better.

I will write more after returning home. I have two internet minutes left.

jan

Quick question

What did you use for an underwater camera - disposal or digital keeper?

the shots are great - get home safe.

J

I used a disposable camera and had them developed onboard and put on disc (prints, about $7, disc, add $10). I did edit them a bit in photoshop to make them clearer, though. It also helped that the water was clear and beautiful!

Great pictures, thanks!! What kind of drink was Dawn drinking, tall in green glass? Just dreaming I am right beside her drinking with her in spirit:D Have a safe trip home.

Kathy

You know, I don't actually know what it was, Dave bought it for me, but it was their Norfolk sail-away drink in a keeper plastic cup (very tall, good for home use). Yummy, though!

Archived