Jr Suite sofa bed, how bad?

redheadx3

We( dh, 10 and 5 yr boys, myself) are traveling on the Splendour and have an aft Jr Suite. Is that sofa bed pretty bad to sleep on? We will probably sleep one adult and one kid in the sofa bed. I might as well face it now and prepare for little sleep, betw. a husband's loud snoring and a kid kicking me all night.

We( dh, 10 and 5 yr boys, myself) are traveling on the Splendour and have an aft Jr Suite. Is that sofa bed pretty bad to sleep on? We will probably sleep one adult and one kid in the sofa bed. I might as well face it now and prepare for little sleep, betw. a husband's loud snoring and a kid kicking me all night.

Not sure what the sofa bed in the JS's on the Splendour are like, but I can tell you it was nasty on the Radiance last year. Way too short and VERY hard.

Just off the AOS this past Sunday and we had a GS that was very comfortable. It was a queen pull out and we asked for the egg crate mattress topper which made it even more comfy.

Make sure you ask for one when you see your cabin attendant!

Not sure what the sofa bed in the JS's on the Splendour are like, but I can tell you it was nasty on the Radiance last year. Way too short and VERY hard.

Just off the AOS this past Sunday and we had a GS that was very comfortable. It was a queen pull out and we asked for the egg crate mattress topper which made it even more comfy.

Make sure you ask for one when you see your cabin attendant!

What is this egg crate mattress topper? Please explain.

What is this egg crate mattress topper? Please explain.

It's a foam topper they put on top of the mattress, under the sheets. It is called an "egg crate" because the foam is cut to resemble an egg carton. They really do help. DH and I requested one for our last cruise on the Majesty and it really helped cover that area where the two beds meet up since one mattress was slightly higher than the other. Just ask your room steward when you board (I got that tip from here, btw).

We are in a js for our April Enchantment cruise and our 2 dds, 5 and 4, will be using the sofabed. From the posts here, sounds like they should be okay. Thanks.

We were in Jr Suite 8070 on Splendour in December. DH and I slept on the sofa bed. It wasn't too bad, if you like a hard bed with a metal bar poking you. We took it so my 85 yr old grandma could have the "real" bed which honestly wasn't much better. It was a metal framed cot with a thin mattress on it. We had a great time. The ship was beautiful and the service was wonderful. It's just that the bedding left a lot to be desired!

Thanks for the replies. We sail the week before Christmas. I thought about putting the sofa cushions together on the floor and roll one of the boys in a blanket to sleep on top of the cushions. At least that would give the one on the uncomfortable sofa bed some room to stretch and move about. My best plan is to have the snoring hubby( were talking sonic snoring) sleep on the balcony but they maybe a little cold in Dec.

We were in a aft JS on Explorer last February. Our two kids 8 and 11 were supposed to share the sofa bed. It was hard and seemed a little smaller than a double. We asked for a cot from the steward after the first night and that was great. Just folded it up during the day. Highly recommended it.

We were on the Serenade last week in an aft GS. The JS next to us had five occupants -- looked like a mom, dad, and three kids. There was an open sofa bed and a roll-away cot. I don't know how they managed in such a tiny space.

If there was only three of you, I would recommend sleeping on the couch unopened. I spent several nights on it and it was way more comfortable than the bed!

Judy

We were on the Splendour last week and slept 5 nights on the sofa bed and were quite comfortable.

We were in an Owner's Suite but I can't imagine the sofa bed being any different in a Juior Suite.

2 or 3 cocktails a night might help!

Archived