Buying spirits for your cabin

tall traveler

There was a previous thread on here about how to buy spirits for your cabin. There is not a list for spirits on the web-site but only wines. I called ships services and ordered several bottles for our cabin. It was $29.00 for Absolut for 1 liter, this includes a 15% service charge. She told me that I would not be able to order this on board. If my memory serves me correctly I was able to buy some, not in the store but through dining services. Is this correct?

Not to change this subject but only to verify what you are saying. Whole bottles of liquor ( tequila, vodka, bourbon etc.)

can be ordered for a cabin (waiting in the cabin when I get there) by calling Ships services before the cruise...I looked at the web site also but did not find this (only the wine)... what phone number did you call?

Thanks,

If you order from ships services before you leave, you shouldn't be charged the 15%. I ordered the vodka tonic package (1 bottle stoli 4 tonics) prior to our Westerdam cruise, the total was $32. On board the same package was $32 PLUS the 15% tip. For us it wasn't a bad deal as a bottle of stoli is about $25 or more where we live.

We just ordered a full bar set up for the Noordam Inaugural and were not charged the gratuity.

You will be charged a gratuity if you order on board from room service - but it's only a 15% surcharge.

Personally, I really don't understand all the hype about the cost of pre-ordered liquor... $29 for a litre of Absolut? Not really all that much of a mark-up, imo.

You order a vodka martini in any restaurant - you are going to pay at a minimum (for top shelf liquor) $7 per drink. Most bars and restaurants charge much more.

We plan on doing quite a bit of entertaining in the suite and surprisingly, the most expensive item we pre-ordered was the wine navigator package... I only hope they have a better selection than last time. :)

If not, oh well - we'll live.

Archived