2021 Norway Itinerary- Thoughts?

We were supposed to leave today for 30 days aboard NS, and we shifted those two cruises to similar cruises on NS in 2021 out of Copenhagen.  14-Day Northern Isles followed by 17 day Baltic and Norway.  We also got emails yesterday that both of those cruises have changed.  It seems like they're moving the NS itineraries around to possibly accommodate people that got bumped off a couple of the ships that were sold.  They've told us they'll move us to comparable cruises on the new Rotterdam out of Amsterdam, but I think we'll likely cancel the whole thing and hope it's all back on track in 2022.

We were supposed to leave today for 30 days aboard NS, and we shifted those two cruises to similar cruises on NS in 2021 out of Copenhagen.  14-Day Northern Isles followed by 17 day Baltic and Norway.  We also got emails yesterday that both of those cruises have changed.  It seems like they're moving the NS itineraries around to possibly accommodate people that got bumped off a couple of the ships that were sold.  They've told us they'll move us to comparable cruises on the new Rotterdam out of Amsterdam, but I think we'll likely cancel the whole thing and hope it's all back on track in 2022.

Ugh, not fun. Glad they’re trying to accommodate passengers on the recently sold ships. But in the process, it seems they are losing other passengers. I guess you can’t please everyone all the time. ☹️

Just now, stickey_mouse said:

Ugh, not fun. Glad they’re trying to accommodate passengers on the recently sold ships. But in the process, it seems they are losing other passengers. I guess you can’t please everyone all the time. ☹️

Yeah, I get what they're doing.  We had a nearly identical itinerary on NS as the Northern Isles itinerary on new Rotterdam, but we initially didn't choose that ship because we weren't sure it would actually be delivered by the beginning of August, and it didn't fit with the schedule of our traveling friends.  That's mainly why we'll end up cancelling.  No hard feelings, they had two close itineraries on identical ships with other itineraries scuttled from sold ships.  I get it.  They still have about $5K of our money from an already paid for cruise floating out there, so we'll be back eventually.

The itinerary is FANTASTIC!!! You will love going to the Arctic Circle -- Norway is VERY EXPENSIVE but you can save some money by walking around on your own and using public transportation to some places you have researched. Seeing Norway from a cruise ship is the best way to do it --- such a large country. You will ENJOY the cruise and I would go to Norway every year if I could -- it is a beautiful country and the people are wonderful! Have a great time!

On 5/20/2020 at 2:06 PM, stickey_mouse said:

I posed this question in the Northern Europe Ports forum, but thought I would see if the trusted HAL patrons had any input.

I am currently considering the following 9-night Norway itinerary and was wondering how this fare compares to other Norwegian fjord itineraries. I understand that a journey to the Arctic Circle is ideal, but I don't think we have the time to devote to that cruise at this point (perhaps in the future, though!). Are there any duds or winners among the ports?

Amsterdam

Flam

Sognefjord

Bergen

Molde

Geiranger

Geirangerfjord

Stavanger

Kristiansand

Oslo

Copenhagen 

I was immediately attracted to the itinerary because of the different start and end cities. I know Amsterdam is wonderful but don’t know much about Copenhagen or the ports in between. 

Is this itinerary a 'winner'? Thanks in advance for your input!

So sad this cruise was cancelled in order to accomodate more 7 day cruises and integrate the new Rotterdam guests.