Carnival Miracle Aft Cabins issues?

vegasgal47

I just booked 2 baja mexico cruises on the Miracle within 3 weeks of each other. Going with 2 different people and I had to use FCC quickly.  :-) 

I booked aft cabins on Veranda deck (7300 is one).  I read somewhere AFTER I booked it that oil drips down on the balcony.  Has anyone had this experience?  My favorite balcony type are aft cabins and never had this issue before.  Also, it stated there was no covering at all so very hot and sunny.  The cabins I've been on have a partial covering closest to the door and the rest is uncovered.  

I'm getting concerned I shouldn't have booked these.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks!

1 hour ago, vegasgal47 said:

I just booked 2 baja mexico cruises on the Miracle within 3 weeks of each other. Going with 2 different people and I had to use FCC quickly.  🙂

I booked aft cabins on Veranda deck (7300 is one).  I read somewhere AFTER I booked it that oil drips down on the balcony.  Has anyone had this experience?  My favorite balcony type are aft cabins and never had this issue before.  Also, it stated there was no covering at all so very hot and sunny.  The cabins I've been on have a partial covering closest to the door and the rest is uncovered.  

I'm getting concerned I shouldn't have booked these.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks!

I had 7300 on the Miracle last July and didn't have that issue. We loved the cabin.

• Like 1

Appreciate your reply.  I’m not too concerned about me but my sister isn’t much of a cruiser and didn’t want those issues to be an issue for her.  

My husband and I have 7349 three weeks later.  😊

I was on Miracle's sister ship, the Pride in a vista suite (#4237).    We loved the layout of the cabin and the gigantic aft wrap balcony, plus, the 4th deck vista suites are the only ones with an overhang that provide protection from the elements above.  (sun, rain, funnel exhaust, etc).    The one thing we didn't appreciate, and it warded us off booking a vista suite ever again, were the brutal vibrations that permeated through the aft of the ship.   Had to place pillows on the glass shelves to muffle the rattling so we could sleep.  There was a bit of soot on our balcony, but the vibrations were beyond belief.

There is an overhang and you can see it in the aft pictures of the Mircle. It doesn't cover the whole balcony but it was sufficient.  The vibrations in the dining room one night were bad but we didn't notice them in the cabin. The Miracle just came out of drydock so if an oil drip did develop after my cruise it probably was repaired at that time.

14 hours ago, ericr said:

yes furniture will be stained, not oil but diesel ash from funnel, we had this room and put towels over everything outside and vibration in room, we booked midship second time 

Thanks. You had 7300 before? 

Hmm I'm receiving two different answers.  I'm wondering if I should try and switch BACK to midship.  That's where we were but I changed it to the aft.  😞  I've never had these issues on the aft balconies before on any ship.  

The only ash I saw was near the funnel during sailaway. We spent a lot of time on the balcony and never once saw ash. It might be that the weather was perfect for our cruise.

Edited by regoodwinjr

44 minutes ago, ericr said:

yes we had 7300 and our friends were 2 rooms down both aft facing and they had same issue, room stewards did best to clean and extra towels to cover chairs, we would not book aft on miracle again, not for the soot but the vibration was more a issue for myself and wife, had to put paper in closet doors as vibrated and made noise all night, people post videos on youtube about this on miracle and yes very bad we thought.

Thank you very much.  I'm going to talk with my sister about it.  Fortunately, if we keep it, it's only for 4 nights.  I am seeing too many reviews about the vibration and it has me concerned, especially when I hear that the drawers and doors on closet make noise all night!

Edited by vegasgal47

2 hours ago, vegasgal47 said:

Well, as it turns out, I can't downgrade, only upgrade and the only option was for a cabin on deck 8 below all the activities so I am sticking with 7300.  Hopefully it will be ok.  Thanks everyone for your feedback!

• Like 1