Carribean Princess or Carnival Triumph?

Raceroc

Booking a Cruise for Nov. (Eastern caribbean). I was looking at the Carnival Triumph with great prices and decent reviews. We have never been on Princess but have heard good things. Cost is about 80.00 per person more...Is it worth it, or should I stick with Carnival? Stops are:

Carnival Triumph - St Thomas, St Maartin, San Juan (eve).

Caribbean Princess - St Thomas, St Maartin, Princess Cay.

I appreciate comments from someone that has been on both...Thanks and have a GREAT day!

IMHO Caribbean Princess is WAY worth it.

Triumph is one of Carnival's older Destiny class ships. Still in good shape, still good reviews as you say but hardly in the same league as the Caribbean Princess.

If it were strictly a money decision I would NOT feel bad about sailing on the Triumph but all things equal +$80 the the Caribbean Princess would come out ahead....better value there.

Having sailed both - I recommend the Caribbean Princess. It offers many more venues and there is much to be said about "anytime dining" - we loved it! We also love the freshwater pools and the adults only aft pool and hot tub. The Triumph pools and hot tubs were always loaded with kids. (I love kids - even have one of my own...but they seemed to take over on the Triumph.) Entertainment and service were top notch.

Have a great time - whichever you choose.

mollyanne:)

We did the Triumph and Grand the same year and far prefered the Grand and felt there was more value and fewer add on expenses in the Grand. My daughters 14 and 20 at the time were split on their favorite ship. We really felt it unfair to compare as they are different not better or worse just different. The important thing is you are doing one of them right?

Absolutely the Caribbean Princess. I have been on it twice and going again in Sept. I was only on the Triumph once. It was fairly new then. We had a waitress in the dining room that was extremely rude and unprofessional on several ocassions. I didn't want to go back. I think the Caribbean Princess is far superior. If I got a huge discount I would never go back on the Triumph.

Enjoy your cruise whatever you decide...Have fun!

I agree with you all. The Caribbean Princess is way better than the Carnival Triumph. Triumph is older but yet still nice, but not as nice as the Caribbean Princess. I would go with princess on this one. I went on December 17 to the eastern caribbean on the Caribbean Princess and i thought the ship was absolutly stunning. VERY PRETTY! ELEGANT!! VERY CLEAN!

I hope this helps!

Joe

I did the E. Carib. on the Triumph a couple of years ago and loved it. My daughter still says the dining room wait team on the Triumph was her favorite of all our cruises. The ship is not that old, built in 1999. The Triumph is an excellent bargain. We were tempted to do the Triumph again this year because of the good prices but decided to try the Caribbean Princess for a change. I'm sure you'll have a fabulous time no matter which ship you choose.

Archived