Boxing ring on the Freedom

Cuizer2

From reading the discription in the news section, it is just another form of cardio workout. It would be interesting if they did have some scrimmage matches with passengers. Only if they signed up for the package for the week. I think I would do that.

This is one add-on I really like. It sounds like it's mostly sparring, but the possibility that you could actually go three rounds is verrry interesting. I could see all kinds of combinations, but I wouldn't be interested in fighting anyone but another passenger.

Hi:

My husband is way excited. We were already booked on the Freedom, but he doesn't get excited about cruising as much as I do. I book all the cruises and he just goes along and enjoys.....but he doesn't love them as I do. Until now.....he's a former Golden Gloves champ and a Navy base champ, and later he was a referee at a lot of boxing matches. When I told him about the boxing ring, he really got excited about our Freedom cruise. It will certainly be interesting. It makes me wonder what they will think of next?

Happy Cruising.....Sparkle 10

This seems like such a weird amenity. I don't think their lawyers will allow any sort of actual boxing match between passengers, staff or anyone else, mainly because there are ways around just about any liability waiver you could have someone sign. Having training equipment and/or coaching wouldn't be so strange - for instance kickboxing is a popular cardio class at many gyms. Why waste the space on a full sized ring when they won't really be able to use it?

Never ceases to amaze me how much space cruise lines are wasting lately on their new ships.

This is another example of wasting a large amount of space on an amenity that for all intents and purposes noone will use (amybe 5% of pax at most)....

seems like RCCL at least is more interested in saying hey "we have the first _______ at sea" but doesn't really make practical decisions.

RCI you can have the first plastic surgery center, airplane landing strip or hellium baloon rides at sea....

BUT THAT DOESNT MAKE MUCH SENSE EITHER, does it?! :-(

Never ceases to amaze me how much space cruise lines are wasting lately on their new ships.

This is another example of wasting a large amount of space on an amenity that for all intents and purposes noone will use (maybe 5% of pax at most)....

seems like RCCL at least is more interested in saying hey "we have the first _______ at sea" but doesn't really make practical decisions.

RCI you can have the first plastic surgery center or hellium baloon rides at sea....

RCI you can have the first plastic surgery center, airplane landing strip or hellium baloon rides at sea....

I don't know, having an airplane strip might not be such a bad idea. It would make it easier to get to and from the ship.

This is another example of wasting a large amount of space on an amenity that for all intents and purposes noone will use (amybe 5% of pax at most)....

Did you read the news that NCL is planning on a bowling alley at sea. That should be interesting. I bet not many would take part in that as well. The boxing ring will probably draw the same percentage as the golf simulators. It is something new and different. I golf but haven't used the simulators yet. The boxing sounds interesting and I would probably try it.

I want skeet shooting on my next cruise. Any chance at that happening?

No mention of how many lanes NCL will have. It is for fun so my guess will be between 4 and 6 lanes.

I would love skeet shooting but with all the complaints about drunks and kids and drunk kids, I don't think it will ever happen.

I don't like the idea of a bowling alley. It takes up way to much space for only a few passengers.

Yes and no about the bowling alley taking up way too much space. Just think about the clubs and theater during the day. They aren't used much and take up lots of space. If the bowling alley were actually available all day and into the night, it could be worth adding to other ships.

Did all the lines do away with skeet shooting? I know I did it off the back of the ship in 1993 on the Carnival Holiday. :) It was a blast!!

Tracy

No mention of how many lanes NCL will have. It is for fun so my guess will be between 4 and 6 lanes.

Four lanes ...

MIAMI – February 7, 2006 - NCL’s next ship, Norwegian Pearl, will bowl over the cruise competition with a “striking” innovation – a full size, four lane, ten-pin bowling alley. The bowling alley is part of an all-new, all-day entertainment, sports bar and nightclub complex called Bliss. During the day, Bliss is a sports bar with a four lane bowling alley, multiple flat screen televisions to show sports events, and air hockey, foosball and other arcade games.

Archived