Will the Real Hunky Dory please stand up?

cruzingqueen

Hunky Dory's name is Imam Riyanto, and he's definitely one of a kind. Here he is with Jim...

47b5db03b3127cce91ebdce95ffe00000036108Aat2TVo1Zsv

Candy the ZuiderPrincess

I sent the imposter's photo to the real, original, Hunky Dory. Here's his reply:

"He worked with me before and he go by oky doky here. May be he now that every budy seems now me and he go by hunky dory too. He try to be famous too. His real name is Syahrul."

Candy <-- can't wait to get back to Zuidy

I sent the imposter's photo to the real, original, Hunky Dory. Here's his reply:

"He worked with me before and he go by oky doky here. May be he now that every budy seems now me and he go by hunky dory too. He try to be famous too. His real name is Syahrul."

Candy <-- can't wait to get back to Zuidy

Candy, I wonder if this is the same guy we met when on the Westerdam last March. He said his name was oky doky and he was a brother of Hunky Dory's He was really good at remembering names and every time you say him he would say "oky doky"

Hunky Dory's name is Imam Riyanto, and he's definitely one of a kind. Here he is with Jim...

47b5db03b3127cce91ebdce95ffe00000036108Aat2TVo1Zsv

Candy the ZuiderPrincess

Hi Candy -

I was looking on here to see if you would be on my next Zuiderdam cruise. I'm going again but this time will take an 18 day Panama Canal cruise! I see from here though you will be sailing on another itinerary in May. Was just curious if our paths might finally cross.

Talked to someone on the Z today...the real Hunky Dory is still there.

Hi Candy -

I was looking on here to see if you would be on my next Zuiderdam cruise. I'm going again but this time will take an 18 day Panama Canal cruise! I see from here though you will be sailing on another itinerary in May. Was just curious if our paths might finally cross.

Talked to someone on the Z today...the real Hunky Dory is still there.

Sadly, we can't do an 18-nighter 'til we both retire. The only reason we're not on Zuidy in May is because we don't want to go to Alaska. Our target is mid-September thru mid-November, 7-night somekindaCaribbean.

Candy <-- can't wait to get back on the Zuiderdam

Hi Candy - I was looking on here to see if you would be on my next Zuiderdam cruise. I'm going again but this time will take an 18 day Panama Canal cruise! I see from here though you will be sailing on another itinerary in May. Was just curious if our paths might finally cross...

Sadly, we can't do an 18-nighter 'til we both retire. The only reason we're not on Zuidy in May is because we don't want to go to Alaska. Our target is mid-September thru mid-November, 7-night somekindaCaribbean.

Candy <-- can't wait to get back on the Zuiderdam

We were on the Volendam on Feb 1 and the Hunky Dory at the Lido says he is Hunky Dory #2. His name was Aziz (sp?) and he was a lot of fun - but he is the first to admit he is not the "real" hunky dory. He tells cute jokes, remembers peoples names and is a regular sweetheart. He also jokes about others on other ships named Okey Dokey and Jim Dandy. I'd like to meet the real Hunky Dory one of these days but #2 is great!

• 1 month later...

My Dad (Bob), sister (Bobbi) and I (Rikki) just got off the Zuiderdam on Saturday (4-8). Hunky Dory was alive and well. Gave me and my sister hugs and kisses at breakfast, that day.

What I couldn't get over, besides remembering our names, was that he could remember who should be with you, but wasn't at that moment:

"Hi, Rikki, Bobbi. Where's Mr. Bob (my dad)?"

I've heard (read on this board) that he will remember your names from cruise to cruise. I hope I will have the opportunity to test that.

We had a great time. Can't wait till the next!

I met Hunky Dory on the Z in March and he proves to be a bit of a role model. I work in a similar industry (tour guide). I know that in no way I can remember names as we sometimes only have people for only a few minutes at a time, since our tour is one of those off-and-on the vehicle ones. I even go blank on names of people I have known for years.

I do, however remember WHERE people are from and always give a clang on the trolley bell when I have a reference to where some of our guests come from.

I played with taking on a name like "hunky Dory" just to see if I can meet other Z-dam people.... Best I can come up with that fits me is "Pretty S---y"

Tom

I was readiing the thread rre; the location of the REAL Hunky Dory; well what about the spin-off character, Okey-Dokey (from Wisconsin). Anyone know of him? Also a Lido staffer who can remember names. Whan I was on the ship with him, HunkyDory would be on one line, and Okey-Dokey in the other. Competition for sure!

Archived