Belize review on NCL Sun 1/28/06-cave tubing

Beachbum1944

This was stop #3 at Belize. Here we went on the cave tubing tour with "Cave-tubing.com".It was put together by Jim, who did a wonderful job of co-coordinating the whole tour. We had 32 people and Jim arranged every detail perfectly. We were met at the port by Yhoney, got on a bus, and off we were to the cave tubing. It was about an hour drive and about a 45 minute walk through the jungle. We voted on an 8 minute longer walk so we could go through an extra cave. When we got to the point where you get into the water, you could either just walk in, or dive off a cliff. I chose to dive in and when I did one of my sandals came off but somebody found it right away. We were put into groups of 8 and were connected to each other for safety reasons. They stressed safety all the time. Each group had a guide. He did all the steering and backward swimming to pull us through the slower areas. When I climbed into the tube I thought I lost my water camera. Couldn't find it anywhere. We floated through 2 caves. The first had a very low overhead. The second was quite high. I felt that the water was not too cold but the air temperature inside the caves was quite cool. I was cold above the water. After we came out of the second cave, all of a sudden my camera popped up right in front of me, but I couldn't reach it and it took off with the current. I yelled to our guide to try and catch it but he couldn't swim fast enough to catch it and it was finally gone for good. Yhoney and the other guides were very helpful and funny. He worked really hard to make sure everyone had a good time. Safety was #1. After the tubing was done we changed clothes and had lunch at a restaurant, Cheers, on the way back to the port. Good food and drink. On the bus, Yhoney gave us some cashew wine, which is a little sweet, but good. At the restaurant you can by some. If you wait till you get back to town you can get it for 3 or 4 dollars cheaper at the market. Overall we had a great time, but if we ever go back to Belize I think we would go snorkeling or just go to one of the cays and hang out at a nice beach. :)

This was a very helpful review. Thx for posting.

What time did you get off the ship and return to the ship?

Was your tour ahead of the cruise ship tour or mingled in with the hordes?

Thx again!

This was a very helpful review. Thx for posting.

What time did you get off the ship and return to the ship?

Was your tour ahead of the cruise ship tour or mingled in with the hordes?

Thx again!

We actually got off the ship a little late. Probably around 10:00. We had 32 people with us. I think we were back around 4:00. We had plenty of time to walk around and shop.

We were mingling with other groups. There is probably no way that you can't mingle. There are quite a few other groups.

Archived