Does anyone bring their own pillows?

lawofraven

We will be on the Jewel in April and would like to bring my own pillow. We were on Carnival Liberty in Dec (never again!) and the pillows were big fat and fluffy and not non-allergenic. I prefer firm pillows but worry about bringing one from home. Will the room steward try to change my pillowcase? I don't want to cause a problem with room steward but when I finally stop drinking and actually want to sleep, I want to be able to. Sorry if this is a stupid topic but curiosity is killing this cat!

Angie

Yes, by all means bring those pillows if they help you sleep. DH and I always bring our pillows EVERYWHERE! He uses a Sobakowa (buckwheat hull) pillow and bought a smaller version for travel. I use a U-shaped neck pillow or else I have a stiff neck when I wake up. Very good suggestion to use a brightly colored pillow case from home to easily distinguish that this is YOUR pillow and not one of the cruise line's.

I take my own pillow everywhere. My husband calls it my "blankie." The darn thing should probably have its own passport - it's been to Europe, Canada, Mexico, and all over the United States.

I always use a distinctive pillowcase, so the staff at hotels or cruise ships can easily see that it's MINE. I've never had anyone change the pillowcase, or remove it from the bed when they change it.

I take my own pillow everywhere. My husband calls it my "blankie." The darn thing should probably have its own passport - it's been to Europe, Canada, Mexico, and all over the United States.

That made me laugh! I have a suitcase that I am VERY emotionally attached to. It's traveled with me twice to China, once to Greece and all over the Caribbean!:)

I have also taken my pillow all over the world with me. I always travel with a very loud pillowcase and have never had a problem. I get the space bags that you don't need a vaccum cleaner to use and zip it in one of these and it usually fits in the outside pocket of my luggage. Would rather sacrifice clothes space for my pillow.

Angie: I ALWAYS bring my own pillow because I know I will sleep very well with it and I've never had problems with staff. However, once my sister-in-law had her Egyptian cotton very fav pillow case sent to the hotel laundry by a very unobservant room maid at a hotel.

By the way, I am going on the Liberty next year and am sorry to hear you didn't like it. Can you give me any specifics? It's not too late for me to cancel if it's a bad ship. Thanks, I appreciate any input. It always helps in making decisions.

I don't go anywhere without my own down pillow. I sleep with 4 pillows at home, but as long as I have the down pillow under my head when I am away from home, I can sleep well. The down pillow scrunches up really nicely, so I can fit it into my carry on bag, so I don't have to give it up for the last night of the cruise, either.

Hikini:D

Still floatin,

The Liberty is a beautiful ship. Strange layout though. I kept getting lost trying to find the silver dining room. I didn't enjoy the cruise at all. Not that it was all bad, it was a cruise after all. The food in the dining room was not to my liking. Room service food was good but would take over an hour to be delivered. There was no buffet in the evening as an alternative to the dining room and the main dining rooms were not always open for breakfast and lunch. Activities that we wanted to participate in were usually at the same time or the same time as dinner. I guess Freestyle has just spoiled me so much that a set time for eating was annoying.

I didn't sleep well because I hated the bedding. My allergies flared up and I was sick most of the week. There were great times also though. Rocky Horror pic show on the big screen on deck, one of the best piano bar/player ever, and the very friendly staff made the A list. Please don't change your cruise because of my opinion. It was my Mom and son's first cruise and they had a great time. I did post my review on the members review section and it is posted now if you want to read more about it.

Angie

I always take mine and use the space bag to squish it down .

The first words out of my husbands mouth after the you may kiss the bride kiss was, the pillow is not coming , because I had packed a pillow for the honeymoon. That was nearly 26 years ago and the pillow went and has gone ever since :)

Still floatin,

The Liberty is a beautiful ship. Strange layout though. I kept getting lost trying to find the silver dining room. I didn't enjoy the cruise at all. Not that it was all bad, it was a cruise after all. The food in the dining room was not to my liking. Room service food was good but would take over an hour to be delivered. There was no buffet in the evening as an alternative to the dining room and the main dining rooms were not always open for breakfast and lunch. Activities that we wanted to participate in were usually at the same time or the same time as dinner. I guess Freestyle has just spoiled me so much that a set time for eating was annoying.

I didn't sleep well because I hated the bedding. My allergies flared up and I was sick most of the week. There were great times also though. Rocky Horror pic show on the big screen on deck, one of the best piano bar/player ever, and the very friendly staff made the A list. Please don't change your cruise because of my opinion. It was my Mom and son's first cruise and they had a great time. I did post my review on the members review section and it is posted now if you want to read more about it.

Angie

Thanks Angie, I'll read your review.

I always take mine and use the space bag to squish it down .

The first words out of my husbands mouth after the you may kiss the bride kiss was, the pillow is not coming , because I had packed a pillow for the honeymoon. That was nearly 26 years ago and the pillow went and has gone ever since :)

I hope it's not the same pillow!

I also always take my pillow but I also take my body pillow. Hubby hates to have to zip up the suitcase after I add that one to the top.

Archived