Itinerary Change - Dawn 2/23 sailing

WaldosPepper

For any who are sailing that date, and are not following the rollcall, there has been an itinerary change for this sailing.

March 2 - Sea Day has been replaced with Samana, Dominican Republic.

March 3 - Great Stirrup Cay has been replaced with a sea day.

Further information about the new port is available on the rollcall, for any who are interested. ;)

Now on March 5th when some irate passenger logs in as a first-time-poster screaming about the itinerary change, you may all direct that person to this thread. :D

spacer.gif

missing_map_big.gif

10-Day Eastern Caribbean - Norwegian Dawn

2006: Feb 23

Day

Port

Arrive

Depart

New York, New York

-

4:00pm

At sea

-

-

At sea

-

-

St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands

11:00am

7:00pm

(Optional tour to St. John is available)

Tortola, British Virgin Islands

7:00am

6:00pm

(Optional tour to Virgin Gorda is available)

Philipsburg, St. Maarten

6:00pm

San Juan, Puerto Rico

4:00pm

Samana, Dominican Republic

5:00pm

At sea

-

-

At sea

-

-

New York, New York*

10:00am

-

* Disembarkation usually begins two hours after docking.

For more information contact your local

travel professional or contact NCL at

1-800-327-7030

Rachel, the reason given was "berthing conflict" so that could mean almost anything. I can tell you that GSC has been frequently replaced with other ports this winter, but it appears that the Dawn may actually be there today based on the image on the bridgecam. Cannot say for certain, though.

I would tell your sister not to worry about it, and to go and just enjoy herself! ;) The sailing prior to ours is a completely different itinerary. We are doing Eastern, and they are doing Western. On the Western itinerary there would be no way she'd end up going to the D.R. because it's way off that course. If the port is replaced with another, it would most likely be Nassau.

Her biggest concern right now shouldn't be whether or not they go to GSC, but rather how she's going to get to the Pier! Hope she's keeping an eye on the weather forecast!!! :eek:

Sounds like she'll be way ahead of the storm issues! The worst shouldn't hit NYC until late saturday according to the latest models. She'll be checked into her hotel long before then! ;)

Does she know that she's sailing with a really great group of Cruise Critics? There's gonna be a ton of fun aboard that ship starting Sunday afternoon! :D

I wish.:(

My sister is on the cruise before. We wanted to check with NCL about the change, why it was happening, but they had no idea. Mostly out of curiousity but also in case hers was changed. Do you know what the reason is for the change?

Rachel - if your sister is cruising Sunday with us. The reason NCL has no idea is there is no change to the itinerary unless the weather creates one with delays getting everyone onboard the ship.

She is on the cruise leaving Sunday. We did know the change is for the cruise after hers. I just wasn't sure why it was changed. Maybe there was a problem a GSC (sand fleas or milaria-sp? were the two rumors I think) and she would not want to get off the ship.

The problem with GSC remains storm damage. The Dawn was there today. I think with the beach erosion there is not much of a margin for tendering. If the wind is the least bit of a problem they head for Nassau.

Archived