Are There Lots of Children on Costa's Magica

JoeandSheryl

Hi

Since Costa lets children under 18 sail free are there a lot of children onboard?

Thanks JJ and Sher :confused:

Although I'm not absolutely sure I believe that it all depends on the time of year you're sailing. We have a thread going now for the March 19th Magica which has loads of kids....of all ages!!! But, then again, this happens to be a Spring Break Week...

If you're thinking about crusing January-February or September-November I bet there are fewer children on board....

I will personally tell you that we usually cruise Carnival and changed this year only because of the "kids sail free" promo so I think that should increase the # of children on board as well...

Elaine :)

03/19/2006 Costa Magica Eastern

09/02/2005 Carnival Fascination Bahamas

03/18/2005 NCL Spirit Southern

3/20/2004 Carnival Triumph Western

3/16/2003 Carnival Spirit Exotic W. Caribbean

08/02 NCL Sun

12/21/2001 Carnival Spirit Southern Caribbean

10/15/2000 Carnival Destiny Southern Caribbean

1/31/2000 Ecstasy Western Caribbean

10/17/1999 Carnival Destiny Western Caribbean

10/98 RCL Grandeur of the Seas

10/18/1997 Carnival Fascination Southern Caribbean

10/6/1996 Carnival Sensation Western Caribbean

10/7/1995 Carnival Imagination Western Caribbean

10/94 Dolphin IV

11/6/1993 Carnival Celebration

11/1/1986 Carnival Carnivale

We are sailing on the Magica 4/16 with my sister-in-law and her family. We are taking 6 kids with us...all free!! You do have to pay taxes and port fees for each but if I remember correctly it didn't even come to $100.00 each! A great deal! They don't offer this on every sailing though so you have to make sure it's available on cruise you take. We sailed on the Mediterranea last April and it wasn't a kids sail free cruise. The price was still great though and it was the best family vacation we've ever taken!! There were quite a few kids last year but well behaved and parents who would take charge if needed. Hope you go, you'll have a great time!:)

he kids sail free on are certain sail dates and you get it from either direct with Costa or through TA, just have to ask for it. The kids (16 and under) pay only taxes, not port fees ($159). Depending on your itinerary ranges from $50-$62pp. They do jack up the 1st & 2nd pass rate though so ask for it both ways : best avail rates and KSF promo. If you have 2 kids, the KSF promo usually works out less, if you only have 1, the BA rates come out better.

I found that I had to really shop around to get the "kids free" rate. Costa as well as several of the online travel sites told me it was not available for our April 2nd sailing, but when I posted at *****.com, 2 travel agents offered it to me.

Archived