do you need to do an excursion?

labtech

That is the good thing about cruises is that you don't have to do anything except attend the Muster drill.:)

Technically you really dont even need to do that...not that I am advocating this, BUT my mother (who has several disabilties and thus the muster drill is often difficult on her) hides in the bathroom during the muster drill.

On the flip side, enjoy yourself -enjoy your shopping. Even if you dont buy anything make sure you stop in at Bernard Passman's. His jewelry and and sculptures made of black coral are stunning to simply look at. Grand Cayman is one of my favorite islands - the beaches and water are beautiful.

you will have no problem finding a place to spend your money---you have to use your roomkey id to scan yourself off the ship and again when getting back on ---suggest you carry some sort of id with you- if you are travelling with a passport i would carry a copy --the original should be kept in the room safe

I agree to do what you want. However, wouldn't you want to go onto the shore to see what's there? I visit websites that the country has set up. For Bermuda I read up on what was there. We missed going to Nassau because of Hurricane Jeanne. We were prepared to see it. I had been to the Bahamas website so many times. If you read up on what the country you are visiting says about itself, you will know what you want to see. I feel like half the fun is getting there, and the other half is exploring what you came to visit.

On our first cruise we felt like we needed to do an excursion in every port! It was a port intensive cruise and by the time we got to Aruba, our butts were dragging and all we wanted to do was go back to the ship and take a nap!

The next cruise had one of our excursions cancelled at the last minute. We opted not to rebook it and just get off the ship and check out the town. We had a great day and learned to choose what we really want to do or not!

Either way, have a great cruise!

In Jamacia you will be hasseled by Jamacians who want you to take a ride with them or buy something from them...if you can ignore the constant interuptions go for it. There is a market right by the dock that isn't too bad. Grand Cayman, no problem a lot of people just get off the ship and walk around, just stay in public areas.

Archived