need a place to stay in Miami

pazandak63

Our group will need a place to stay in Miami the night before the cruise...any ideas out there. Of course, we would love to hang out and watch our ship come in but that area appears expensive...amy other ideas for hotels? Karyn

If you go to the hotels pre/post cruise forum, there's a man that frequents the forum named Trent S, he lives in Miami and can provide invaluable information about Miami. I've seen several of his threads where he posts hotel info and his opinion of them.

We're staying in Miami in April/May and have learned to value his opinion. He really knows Miami hotels.

Good Luck and have a great cruise!

Hey,

we sailed on the valor last year out of Miami, the night before we stayed at the holiday inn right across the street from Bayside Market, it was a very nice hotel. We paid 65 a night They had a good breakfast in the morning. And the best part is we had a port facing room. The morning of the cruise I woke up very early and peeked out the window. What I saw was spectacular, the Valor all lit up pulling in. The ships there go down the canal and actually turn around. Our view from the window was the area where they turned. It was very exciting to watch we got some good pictures of it. Also the Bayside Market is a great place to hang out. There are quite a few restauants and lots of shops. We went there for dinner and watched the ships that were leaving pull out.

Sue

By all means try Priceline and choose downtown and THREE stars. I've had the plush Hyatt and Doubletree. Three stars will get you much better than Holiday Inn, Ramada or Hojos. Usually $40 - 60. My room at the Hyatt was 19th floor with balcony overlooking the city and Biscayne Bay. Very upscale.

Also got the Hyatt in Tampa for $50.

Archived