Jewel - last minute sales?

maestrotim

For anyone who watches fares closely, have you noticed any rhyme or reason to when/if NCL lowers prices for sailings? I am sailing on the Jewel on 3/19 and would really like to book another cabin for some friends. Right now, the insides are at $599/pp. I know this is spring break, so the ship is bound to be pretty full. Does anyone have an idea if the fares are bound to go any lower at the last minute?

Thanks,

Tim

My suggestion Tim would be to book at the $599 and then if the price goes lower they likely will honor the reduced cost.

Good luck with your decision!

My firends and I are booked on the April 2nd sailing on the Jewel. We booked directly through NCL and the price has dropped by $75. Called and inquired if they would honor the lower price. Simple answer "No". Our trip is already paid for in full. I even asked about an on-board credit. We are all latitudes members and this is our 3rd cruise with NCL in less than 3 years. Doesn't matter. Loyalty? My feeling is we will probably book with a different cruise line for couple of cruises to see if the loyalty factor is looked at differently. If you stay with one cruise line you begin to expect certain things and are disappointed when things change (even in the slightest manner).

Happy cruising to all!!

My firends and I are booked on the April 2nd sailing on the Jewel. We booked directly through NCL and the price has dropped by $75. Called and inquired if they would honor the lower price. Simple answer "No". Our trip is already paid for in full. I even asked about an on-board credit. We are all latitudes members and this is our 3rd cruise with NCL in less than 3 years. Doesn't matter. Loyalty? My feeling is we will probably book with a different cruise line for couple of cruises to see if the loyalty factor is looked at differently. If you stay with one cruise line you begin to expect certain things and are disappointed when things change (even in the slightest manner).

Happy cruising to all!!

Same thing will happen on the other lines. All have last minute price downs for new bookings to fill the ship. You can always wait to the last minute to book but keep in mind most time the ship sells out, no last minte price downs, increases some times (whould you want them passed along ), and you are limited in cabin selection and catagory.

Nothing to do with loyality everthing to do with business.

Same thing will happen on the other lines. All have last minute price downs for new bookings to fill the ship. You can always wait to the last minute to book but keep in mind most time the ship sells out, no last minte price downs, increases some times (whould you want them passed along ), and you are limited in cabin selection and catagory.

Nothing to do with loyality everthing to do with business.

Shoreguy,

I hope I did not give the impression that we are dissatisifed with NCL, as we are not. We are so looking forward to our upcoming cruise (although as I have mentioned in earlier posts, Colin will be missed). I just feel that when someones comes to expect certain things (always booking with the same line), it is in our own best interest to test other waters to satisfy our feelings and to realize the grass is not always greener on the other side of the Promenade Deck rail, (or should I say the ocean is not always bluer)?

Happy cruising to all!!!

52 days, but who's counting?

I am just surprised that NCL isn't being more agressive at selling to customers direct via the website. They could cut the travel agent comissions that they pay out. It's been reported on these boards that the prices on the NCL website are usually not the best deals out there, and that can be confirmed by even light searching of the primary travel websites. You see a lot of air and hotel companies offering low price guarantees to encourage direct bookings on the company's website. I am just surprised that NCL is not doing this.

My price per person went down $100 since our final payment, but I purchased on Travelocity and they said that NCL is extremely unlikely to credit me the $200 after final payment. I agree with Shoreguy, you book in advance to make sure you get the cabin you want on the sailing you want.

Archived