Any experience with bites/ sea lice?

DPKIRISH

I was reading on the Cozumel board that several people have had a bad experience with bites all over their bodies, especially in the swimsuit are, from going into the waters at cozumel.

They seem to think it is due to sea lice that have becomemore prevalent since the hurricane.

I was wondering if anyone has heard of this happening in the waters at Costa Maya since they are so close to each other.

They are catch as catch can. I have had some sea lice (btw these are baby jellyfish and not lice) stings all over the Caribbean. One year I will get a lot and the next year, same time, same place zero, zip, nada. It depends on a lot of factors, none of which are really hurricane related. Oh and the whole urine thing is a misnomer. Having someone do that on your stings will illicit laughter from the Peanut Gallery but won't do a thing for your pain. Meat Tenderizer isn't good either. Vinegar, on the other hand does seem to have some good effect. I carry some with me in my dive pack that I leave in the boat and my beach bag for those swimming fests.

Archived