7 Mile Beach

teresapink

Exactly how do you get on 7 Mile Beach? Is ther a public access area? do I enter through a hotel? Will the taxi driver just know where to take me? It all seems a little vague and being a teacher, I am a detail person!!!!! Please advise! :)

Every taxi driver will know.

As the name implies, Seven Mile Beach is rather long, with a few public access points. A few businesses, hotels, homes, and numerous condos front the beach. Publicly marked information signs denote public access paths down to the beach from the main road. In other spots the road more closely hugs the shore.

Is there a more desirable place to enter? I know that some parts of the beach have become extremely narrow. We will be traveling with 4 teens so water sports are a big plus as is food and bathrooms....a little shopping wouldn't hurt either!:o

Sea Grape Beach or Courtyard beach are the popular locations right now. Just tell the taxi driver that is where you want to go and they will take you to the access points. They are adjacent to each other so it doesn't really matter which one you go to. They both have what you are looking for. Water sports rentals of all kind (Jet skis are $65 per 1/2 hour), food, drinks, rest rooms, chairs ($10 each with a soda or water), shower, and a taxi stand there with cabs waiting to take you back.

www.redsailcayman.com can give you an idea of other water sport rentals available.

• 1 month later...

:) My Husband And I Are Set To Sail On The Carnival Inspiration To First Grand Cayman And Then Cozumel. Looks Like Grand Cayman Is A Smaller Island And Not A Whole Lot To See And Do There. We Also Took An Interest To Seven Mile Beach And Was Wondering If There Are Any Lockers On The Beach To Store Your Stuff While Swimming?? Horseback Riding Would Be Nice As Well As Snorkeling? Any Other Suggestions? We Will Only Be There From 7am Til 2pm.

Thanks Alot!:d

Archived