Post photos of your wedding crafts here!

carrievision

Thanks! I downloaded someone else's version of a passport save the date to learn how to create my template for a welcome book. She was from Texas so the background had the State of Texas seal. I made ours using our state seal and changed it up to make it our own. I created it all from scratch in PowerPoint. It was a lot of work, but fun work ;). It fits on a regular 8.5X11 sheet of paper, fold in half. I will have to work on a template if you are interested. I also downloaded stamp fonts from dafont.com.

Excellent! I should be able to recreate it from what you've said here. Did you end up doing welcome bags, as well, or just the pre-cruise package. Originally, we were just going to do welcome bags but now we're starting to see the benefit of sending the pre-cruise package.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is a quick tip and a warning. I was in davids bridal trying on my dress.I purchased a pair of the bride yoga pants as they were on sale for 20$. After i walked next door to get some supplies as i am making my own birdcage veil.They had the exact same logo of bride wear. Davids must just sew the tag on. It is the same brand of t-shirts ect. I used to screenprint for a living so i am familiar with all the types. They have the same logo wear. Hoodies,tanks, shorts, ect. From 3.99-14.99. You can also buy tanks there really cheap in pink , white, and black, (as well as a lot of other colors) and matchee soffee type short shorts. They have the iron on rhinestone bride as well as some other irons ons that would work well with it. Tiaras, fleur-de-lis, rings, ect. You can order rhinestone words too online for a few dolllars, or buy the rhinestones and hot glue them on something.Saves alot when you are making multiples and personalized gear.

• 9 months later...

This thread is super old, but I just could not resist posting some of my DIY projects.

The first picture is of the top of my isle runner

The second picture is of the bottom of my isle runner

The third picture is of the middle of my isle runner

The fourth picture is of the boutonnieres that I am going to use

The fifth picture is of the "bouquets" that my bridesmaids are going to carry

011.jpg.2581d4c81ce0ebd3aa1919f51ec3936a.jpg

012.jpg.1f372ebecda8c97533d47d29c58da41c.jpg

013.jpg.23138cefa3b399b7400f84f7684b3bf1.jpg

035.jpg.d328bad823763ba7a11e450be488241a.jpg

Bridesmaid_1.jpg.35feacbd29f2f65ce49a8b3eb4ea441b.jpg

and a few more,...

The first picture is of the card collector that my fiancee and I made. You put cards in the slit at the top. We put it on a lazy Susan so it will turn.

The second picture is of the handmade hair clips that I bought on etsy.com. It's just a practice up-do that my hairdresser wanted to try. I think I'm going to wear it up instead.

I know some people are going to flip over my unique wedding crafts (especially the evil step-mother-in-law), but I don't care. It's my wedding and I'll be out of the box if I want to. ;)

036.jpg.585b5e1de42d3f775aa4601fcf527e20.jpg

024.jpg.c7282de76782726d609afbd83b5fccc0.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I am graphic design educated (a writer now though) and so I designed alot of my own stuff. I have made all of my tables island names instead of numbers, and then designed cruise boarding passes to the islands, so everyone knows where they are sitting. I also designed a postcard and newsletter that are inspired by Martha Stewart's designs I found in her wedding magazine. I didn't want to post huge files on the forum, so see below for a couple of them and go to my link to see all of them up close: http://pics.livejournal.com/cruisebride/gallery/00001d7c

s640x480.jpg000029z7s640x480.jpgs640x480.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is super old, but I just could not resist posting some of my DIY projects.

The first picture is of the top of my isle runner

The second picture is of the bottom of my isle runner

The third picture is of the middle of my isle runner

The fourth picture is of the boutonnieres that I am going to use

The fifth picture is of the "bouquets" that my bridesmaids are going to carry

I'm trying to make my runner also. Where did you find the letter stencil? I've seen a few but not the size or style I'm looking for. Also, what type of paint? Thank you for sharing!

I am graphic design educated (a writer now though) and so I designed alot of my own stuff. I have made all of my tables island names instead of numbers, and then designed cruise boarding passes to the islands, so everyone knows where they are sitting. I also designed a postcard and newsletter that are inspired by Martha Stewart's designs I found in her wedding magazine. I didn't want to post huge files on the forum, so see below for a couple of them and go to my link to see all of them up close: http://pics.livejournal.com/cruisebride/gallery/00001d7c

s640x480.jpg000029z7s640x480.jpgs640x480.jpg

I love them all! The newsletter to leave in their cabins would be a great addition to my welcome bags. Is there a template out there I could copy?

I'm trying to make my runner also. Where did you find the letter stencil? I've seen a few but not the size or style I'm looking for. Also, what type of paint? Thank you for sharing!

I just used regular acrylic paint to make the runner. I typed the words into a Word document, and then changed them to the font I wanted. Keep in mind that the isle runner used on most Carnival ships is only 15 feet long. Check with TWE just to see how long yours will be.

Here is an excellent example of how to make your own isle runner.

http://roadtotheaisle.blogspot.com/2007/07/diy-aisle-runner.html

I just used regular acrylic paint to make the runner. I typed the words into a Word document, and then changed them to the font I wanted. Keep in mind that the isle runner used on most Carnival ships is only 15 feet long. Check with TWE just to see how long yours will be.

Here is an excellent example of how to make your own isle runner.

http://roadtotheaisle.blogspot.com/2007/07/diy-aisle-runner.html

Great advise and tips, thank so much for your help.

People who did the passport invites, where did you get them? And I read some one say they made their circle things on power point, can anyone explain how please :)

Thanks!

I did not do passport invites (wish I had), but here is a link to some that you can buy. I love Etsy! Most of my wedding ideas came from here.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/30649990/sample-passport-wedding-invitation

http://www.etsy.com/search_results.php?search_query=boarding+pass&search_type=category&category=weddings.invitation

http://www.etsy.com/listing/49167549/palm-frond-boarding-pass-set-sample?ref=sr_list_25&ga_search_query=boarding+pass&ga_search_type=category&category=weddings.invitation&ga_page=&order=&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

Archived