Post photos of your wedding crafts here!

carrievision

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like I am turning into a regular DIYer! I never knew I was creative until I started wedding planning!

Here are some pictures of recently completed projects:

CandyWrap.jpg

These are the wrappers for our Hershey bars (they will go into the OOT bags).

GuestBookPoem.jpg

I framed this and it will be next to our guest book.

DIYProjects002.jpg

These are the welcome door hangers for the hotel the night before the cruise (and wedding). They contain a welcome letter, maps, timeline, and share photo cards.

PhotoCardSample.jpg

This is the share photo card.

TheBigDayTimeline2.jpg

And the timeline.

And we also finished and mailed our MIB invites! Man' date=' were they a hit!!!

[img']http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i57/sonobekah1/DIYProjects003.jpg[/img]

DIYProjects001.jpg

Wow how creative are you!!!!! :) They all look amazing! I love that you added a starfish to the outside!!!! So cute! I have been debating on whether or not to add little umbrellas in my MIB's, I think I like them better without. I noitce that you didn't have sand or sea shells in yours, why di you chose to veto the sand? Also, have you found out how much it will be to send per invite?

did you use a company for the bottles that came with boxes, or did you buy them individually?

I got mine at michaels but now have to find boxes for them.

Wow how creative are you!!!!! :) They all look amazing! I love that you added a starfish to the outside!!!! So cute! I have been debating on whether or not to add little umbrellas in my MIB's, I think I like them better without. I noitce that you didn't have sand or sea shells in yours, why di you chose to veto the sand? Also, have you found out how much it will be to send per invite?

did you use a company for the bottles that came with boxes, or did you buy them individually?

I got mine at michaels but now have to find boxes for them.

First, thanks, Rene! I had no idea I was creative until I started all this wedding stuff! ;)

We thought about adding sand and shells and we decided it would be too messy and there would be sand all over the invitation itself. I did spray the boxes with Coconut spray to give them a tropical scent (everyone commented how nice they smelled). Plus, with the starfish tied around the bottles, we felt it was "decorated" enough.

They were quite pricey to mail...$3.17 per invititaion! :eek: We were a little shocked, but it was worth it!

I ordered the boxes from mypersonalartist.com, which is where we ordered the invitations.

I think I answered all your questions, if you think any others I'd be happy to answer.

I am definitely going to check out that site! I need to find boxes! I purchased parchment paper and made my own invite to go inside the bottle and then burnt the edges around it with a match. I actually thought it turned out well. I was quite apprehensive about making them myself. I think $3 isn't too bad. I have heard of other brides paying $5 per invite! I thought that was crazy~ Did you use the USPS?

Thats funny your used the spray! We bought a small coconut concentrate with a dropper to put in the sand and on the cork to create the same effect!

And we also finished and mailed our MIB invites! Man' date=' were they a hit!!!

[img']http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i57/sonobekah1/DIYProjects003.jpg[/img]

DIYProjects001.jpg

I absolutely frickin' love your invitations! Did you get everything from mypersonalartist.com? I just looked at the site and found MIB invites, but none with cruise ships on them. Did you have to special order those labels? I really want to steal your idea! :)

I absolutely frickin' love your invitations! Did you get everything from mypersonalartist.com? I just looked at the site and found MIB invites, but none with cruise ships on them. Did you have to special order those labels? I really want to steal your idea! :)

I got everything from there site, the invitations (we had them burn the edges), bottles, starfish, boxes, and mailing labels (they were beautiful with our return address and the cruise ship on them, too.). All we added were the shipping peanuts and coconut spray (for the tropical scent and the eliminate the stinky starfish smell!).

The cruise ship is one of the "Choose your artwork" options.

That site can get kind of pricey. We ordered during "Michelle's Birthday Sale" and we were able to save 20%. So check for sales on the site.

Also we ordered the guestbook from her and it absolutely gorgeous, love, love, love it!!!

pic?id=11805p8ffld8BhwQqm8sZ-ftx7qdEUl79E9o&size=mpic?id=11805p8ffld8BhwQqm8sZ-ftxzz0LAGoHIxm&size=m

Above is our MIB's, all DIY from craft store. They cost around 1.70 each to make! I plan on making some changes such as the bottles I purchased are Round and cost about $0.50 a peice. Sand was really cheap something like $2 for large bag, We have a lot left. Concentrated Coconut extract $2, more than enough for 30 MIB's. Parchment paper from office depot was around $7 (this is the paper you have to use! burns very nicely, is thin enough to roll tightly and provides that old age feel we were looking for . Sea shells from $1 store, bought 2 bags. Hemp Jute and Rafia (not currently on but will be around top of cork connected to the invite to pull out the invite with the cork, to prevent sand accidents) . I have found boxes that seem to fit the dimensions on a box website, they are, I think, .28 cents a peice. so it will be around $8.50 for 30 boxes, plus shipping costs. And lastly, I purchased 3 bags at the dollar store of the box filler. It looks like brown easter basket filler but its paper like (I have no idea what it is called, but it is perfect to fit with our old aged them.) When burning the edges, make sure you use long kitchen matches (dollar store for large box) this prevents the edges from smearing with black soot.

Below that is our photo frame taking place of the traditional guest book. I printed out a poem and taped in the center on red construction paper, after the wedding we will put one of our black and white wedding photos in it and frame.

The poem in the center I found somewhere and goes like this....

Our guest book is this photo frame

We'd love to have you sign your name

And write, perhaps, a line or two

By which we may remember you

Then when our Wedding day has passed

Our memories of this day will last

For when we look at it, we'll see

Kind words from friends and family.

Looks like I am turning into a regular DIYer! I never knew I was creative until I started wedding planning!

Here are some pictures of recently completed projects:

CandyWrap.jpg

These are the wrappers for our Hershey bars (they will go into the OOT bags).

GuestBookPoem.jpg

I framed this and it will be next to our guest book.

DIYProjects002.jpg

These are the welcome door hangers for the hotel the night before the cruise (and wedding). They contain a welcome letter' date=' maps, timeline, and share photo cards.

[img']http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i57/sonobekah1/PhotoCardSample.jpg[/img]

This is the share photo card.

TheBigDayTimeline2.jpg

And the timeline.

I Love These!! They are so cute!

What program did you use to make them?

I Love These!! They are so cute!

What program did you use to make them?

Hi there! Thanks, I've had so much fun getting in touch with my creative side!;) I used Power Point and Word to create everything. So very easy once you get going!

For those of you that created and brought your own aisle runner, what was the length of it? I bought one at Michael's that's 100 feet, and I don't know if I should leave it that length or cut it, before I personalize it...

I am bring my own aisle runner. The one I have is 100 ft also, I plan to have mine just unrolled to behind where we are standing with the officiant, and then the rest will still be rolled up. That way I didn't have to worry about cutting any off and not having the exact right length.

Hi there! Thanks' date=' I've had so much fun getting in touch with my creative side!;) I used Power Point and Word to create everything. So very easy once you get going![/quote']

I tried to make something like it but it didn't come close to looking as good as yours! I hate to say it, but I'm not very crafty. Thats one reason why I was looking on this thread for ideas. Do you still have the word or powerpoint documents? Would you mind sending them to me so I might be able to use some of your great ideas? I would really appreciate any help I can get! Thanks in Advance!

heather.mcconnell@yahoo.com

I tried to make something like it but it didn't come close to looking as good as yours! I hate to say it, but I'm not very crafty. Thats one reason why I was looking on this thread for ideas. Do you still have the word or powerpoint documents? Would you mind sending them to me so I might be able to use some of your great ideas? I would really appreciate any help I can get! Thanks in Advance!

heather.mcconnell@yahoo.com

Heather, you've got mail! :)

J'sgal! Thank you for the templates. I have to say I am kinda obsessed with making a monogram now. To be honest, I had no idea that you could even make something like this. I just figured that everyone who had them paid to have someone design it. I have made 4 and now can't decide. I will post and if anyone has a favorite let me know! thanks again!

1933230474_logo3.jpg.ccd1c4caba0d9b434d1252b0ea578898.jpg

142210546_logo2.jpg.44dda055942484cd8dccfddadb04bbc1.jpg

715621721_logo4.jpg.7df5df4b275a72d59361c6a95b6c5276.jpg

362205722_logo1.jpg.a95eb1b78bc80fa486308b8c43461c0a.jpg

Archived