Christmas Menus

gismo1554

Hi. So the plan currently is to sail on the Shadow over Christmas. We were on the same cruise last year but we realised we never actually checked something and are now curious. When we were organising a special meal onboard they told us that the three festive days (Christmas Eve, Day and Boxing Day) had a special menu. We never actually thought to check if this meant that there was one menu in all four restaurants (main, la Teresa, la dame and even maybe the grill) or if they each has a special menu for the day? I didn’t overly like any of them which is why we were thinking of going to one of the other restaurants instead but if the menus are the same then it’s probably not worth it. Does anyone know? 

It's so cool that with all that's going on with cruising you are worried about your Christmas menu.

Well we have been on five Silversea Christmas cruises and it's been different almost each time. Most of the time they close the Italian restaurant and have a meal for the crew. And a special menu for the main restaurant. On ships with all the  new restaurants in you should be able to have a meal other than a Christmas buffet.

Don't worry I am sure you won't go hungry. I am hoping our own 2020 Christmas cruise will still happen... 

• Like 2

observer - I agree it would seem weird them being identical so was hoping someone had experience of it

carefreecruise - Wasn’t really expecting shade for asking but thank you for the response. At the moment planning for this holiday is what’s keeping me sane and I was curious that’s all. Restuarant booking day opens this week which was why it came to mind. Hope your cruise goes ahead too

On all our Christmas cruises with SS the menus in the restaurants continue to be different on Christmas Day and New Years Eve.MDR has always produced a very special menu on Christmas Day.Hope this helps.