From Manta to Montecristi Help please!

edinburgher

We saw the local buses they look like fun if your the daring type. The driving is crazy nuts. People were hanging out the bus in the door way and i think they were even riding on top speeding down the highway type road, wizzing around people.

We did take a taxi after our tour. It helps if you speak at least a little spanish. I had a lovely spanglish conversation with our driver about how my hat almost blew into the sea. Don't let them over charge you. We didn't take the first taxi because the man tried to charge us too much just to go down the street. The second guy had a more reasonable price. I know we are only talking a couple of dollars here but they try to take advantage of you because your on vacation and that's just not right.

• 3 weeks later...

There will be tour companies right on the dock selling private tours in vans to Monticristo. Or prebook online before you leave home. You will save $$ too over the ships prices.

If you want the name & contact info on the tour company we used read my review of our SA cruise Jan 3 - 31 posted on this board/thread

Archived