Conquest Refrigerators....

W8NTOCRUISE

I was wondering, if I can get our cabin steward to empty our fridge to put personal items in. Does the fridge also have a freezer in it similar to a dorm size fridge? I would like to put an ice pak in there for water when going into port. Thanks!

Carnival Conquest leaving May 9, 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;9;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Our steward wouldn't empty the fridge (I even offered him $20 to do it -- maybe that's too little?). However, I've read some people on these boards whose steward did empty the fridge.

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=4>

<param name="day" value=18>

<param name="hour" value=18>

</applet>

Carnival Conquest 4/18/04

Our steward emptied ours but I found that it never got very cold. Even had maintenance come in -- but they said it was as cold as it gets. We had brought a small collapsible cooler so we used it instead. Worked better. If you ask where the pantry is you can get ice refills any time you want.

-- Cheryl

****Proud member of O.A.T.C.****

Check out my Homepage in my profile for Conquest info

10/99 Fantasy

12/01 Inspiration

03/02 Inspiration

03/03 Conquest

Trying RC - Rhapsody

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;5;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

May 30, 2004

Thanks, we are going to be bring a case of wine on board and would like to put it in the refrigerator. I hope our steward cleans out our refrigerator. Is it big enough to put a cheese platter in?

Cunard

Norwegian Wind 3/01

Royal Caribbean Monarch Of The Seas 11/02

Star Princess 4/03

Sun Princess 2/04

Carnival Conquest 6/13/04

The fridge is pretty small.

Sea_u_onboard said their fridge never really got very cold. Ours, just a few cabins down, was fine.

It took a fair amount of prodding for our steward to empty it. I think I asked him three times. I bet he had a list of requests from the various cabins and got to them as he could.

I don't think there is a freezer. My son drinks soy milk so we had brought along a medium sized carton. Wrote a note for our room steward on the first night, and when we came back after dinner, the fridge was unlocked and the top rack of the fridge was emptied (contents put in a bag and placed in a nightstand drawer). I remember seeing just cans of drinks with a wire rack creating two shelves and side shelves on the inside of the fridge door. The fridge was pretty small so I would be surprised if a good sized freezer would be possible.

I did see one woman embarking with an entire case of bottled water in her arms. Maybe she didn't mind drinking it warm.

It was filled with cans of sodas, beer, water alcoholic beverages, peanuts, M&Ms and Snicker bars. I was warned to not touch anything because they charge an arm and leg.

Yeap, Carnival really rips you off on the items in the fridge. $3 candy bars and $3 can of pop, etc.

1979 Carnival Mardi Gras

2000 Carnival Tropicale

2001 Carnival Paradise

2002 Carnival Spirit

2004 Carnival Elation

11/21/2004 CARNIVAL CONQUEST

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;11;21;17;1;00&timezone=GMT-0600

There is NO freezer. I had the same idea. I brought one the freezer packs as well, but there was no way to use it.

My alternative was to bring alot of zip lock bags. You can double the bags and put ice in it and it keeps things cold for most of the day when your on shore.

Till we cruise on Glory again

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;5;15;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Till we cruise on Carribean Princess

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2004;11;06;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Archived