butterfly FARM

shm

We actually "found" it by accident as we had rented a car and were "off-roading" it. Didnt go in - but looks like a shack with netting everywhere from the outside. Have read reviews on these boards and people said it was ok.

I just did web search " St. Maarten butterfly farm" and lots of stuff came up including reviews --- most good and some bad.

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me the price of the Butterfly Farm? The ship has a Butterfly Farm & Marigot excursion for $38.00. But we are renting a car, so I thought maybe we could do the Butterfly Farm on our own.

Thanks in Advance. :)

Don't remember the price but do remember that I enjoyed the tour, as did hubby and grand kids...only problem...it was very, very hot and everything is under a net that seems to trap the air. If kno one gives you an answer you might want to go on line and type in St. Martin or St. Maarten, butterfly farm and see what comes up. Good luck.

Thanks Rev....for your suggestion!! After some research this is what I was able to find, in case anyone else is interested.

The Butterfly Farm - This very special place, with beautifully landscaped gardens, waterfall and ponds with Japanese fish is bathed in hypnotic music. You are surrounded by the most exquisite tropical butterflies from all over the world. Not to be missed is the guided tour. Visit early in your vacation and take advantage of your free return pass for the rest of your stay. Located at Le Galion Beach Road next to Orient Bay.Days of Week

Time

Entrance Fee:Seven days a week

9:00 AM to 4:00 PM

$10.00 per adult/$5.00 per child

My wife and I took the tour in Dec that included the farm and a trip to Marigot. It was very interesting we loved it. All kinds of butterflies.Very colorful and the tour guides are very knowlegable.It is very rustic. Marigot is a nice town but very busy (tons of traffic when we were there) lots of open air shop and great prices but if you are driving yourself be prepared for lots of cars and having a hard time finding a place to park.

We also rented a car.... had absolutely no problem finding parking anywhere on the island including Marigot.... 3 or 4 places right in front of marina area near restaurants and shopping... pulled right in.

We were there on a Monday and if I recall only 1 other ship in port so maybe we just got lucky.

Could be we got in on a Wed and the place was a zoo. It looked like everyone on the island was in the town that day. People were parking down the beach almost a mile away.The locals did say that it was very busy that day I think that there were 4 cruise ships in port this day maybe that is why.

Could be we got in on a Wed and the place was a zoo. It looked like everyone on the island was in the town that day. People were parking down the beach almost a mile away.The locals did say that it was very busy that day I think that there were 4 cruise ships in port this day maybe that is why.

We're going to check out Marigot in a month, so hopefully it won't be that crowded.:eek:

Archived