? about booking spa reservations

Jfeasel

Just booked my first Carnival cruise yesterday after cruising DCL, RC and Norweign. Our cruise leaves in 30 days! I booked through a TA. My question is, can I reserve a spa time through the Carnival web site before I leave or do I have to wait in line on the ship and hope I get what I want?

Also, I'm going on the Fascination, 3 day to Nassau, do the spas book up pretty fast (they do on other ships I've been on).

Finally, does anyone have a list of spa services available?
TIA

Julie
Lewis Center, OH

I've never heard of anyone booking before the cruise, but when I've booked with the spa, I just called when I got on ship from my cabin. They started taking reservations right away and I didn't wait in any lines. I assume they still do it the same way.

[img]http://www.animatedgif.net/animals/mystical/malwave_e0.gif[/img]

'99 Norwegian Sea
'00 Triumph
'01 Victory
'01 Spirit
'02 Inspiration
'02 Conquest

Hi Julie
We were just on the Sensation on 4/22, and my DW booked here facial and massage right from the cabin..Shorter cruises do book up faster though. If you can wait, they usually have specials on port days(assuming you are not going ashore).

Happy Sails
Mike

Sensation 4/04 (b/c we really like Mexico)
Sensation 4/03
Legend 10/02
Triumph 6/02
victory 9/00
Triumph 9/01
Fascination 12/00
Sensation 4/99
Ecstacy 3/98
Fantasy 7/96
Holiday in 94
Horizon 5/92
Numerous voyages on Britanis and Galileo in the mid 80's

I would wait until you get on the ship. Just on the Conquest 4/18 and they had a spa tour on the first day on the ship in the afternoon. They showed you around the spa area, had a spa consultant explain each treatment, and after giving you the talk, they would offer a special one day price or free product with spa treatment for coming to the spa tour.

Or you could just show up on embarkation day 10 mins before spa tour and volunteer (as my DD does) to be a model for their spa tour--you get hundreds of $$ is treatments for free and have lotsa fun. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Militant Breastfeeding & Homebirth Proponent-Sandra Carmichael
Mardi Gras 6/79
Mardi Gras 6/79
(back to back cruises)
Celebration 8/02
Splendour of the Seas 3/03
Jubilee 7/03
Conquest 1/04
Celebration 1/04
Elation 2/04
Elation *coming again* 1/05

Almitra...
How hard is it to be selected to be a spa model? It would be great to get a treatment or two, but I hate to spend that much money!

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;5;10;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Fascination 5/12/03

• 2 months later...
I just got off the Fascination yesterday. I called the spa from a house phone, and booked a (very expensive) facial. Not really worth the $98. Be aware that there is a sales pitch for their products. Let them know when you book you are not interested in a "consultation"

Have fun!

You get a discount on any services booked during the tour.

I went up as soon as we got on the ship ... one of the first ... to book my manicure, and they asked me to model for the "seaweed massage" a $176 treatment that day. I was so relaxed at Sailaway. I'd make that one of my first stops from now on when boarding just in case I can be a model. You lose all that fun learning the ship stuff, but you get free spa stuff.

Oh, yeah ... Happy cruising!

Archived