What shouldn't I miss on the Miracle?

CruisingKitty

There is lots of good information about the Miracle in the member reviews section of the boards. Go to the top of the page and click on the link that says "reviews". Then, you can choose the Miracle and read away.:) I'll be on her in March!:D

Tea time is held on sea days at 3:30. Its a nice quiet time to get together with new friends or visit with family. (I scheduled cruise critic get togethers for this time.-doesnt seem to be much happening so we dont miss anything)

servers come around-- serve tea in little china cups. you get to pick what kind of tea you want from a box carried around by a hostess.

THey also bring around tiny desserts and little sandwiches.

Don't miss sailing under the Sunshine Skyway Bridge. It's about two hours and ten minutes after you sail from Tampa. It's awesome!:eek:

It takes over 2 hrs to get out and under the bridge? So If we 'set sail' at 4, muster drill is at ?, early seating is 6:30? so what time will we go under the bridge?

It takes over 2 hrs to get out and under the bridge? So If we 'set sail' at 4, muster drill is at ?, early seating is 6:30? so what time will we go under the bridge?

Muster drill starts around 3:30 and early seating is 5:45. Most times, she doesn't sail till well after 4. It was almost 4:30 when we pulled away, and I watched the webcam most weeks before that to see her sailaway. We had early seating and skipped the dining room the first night to be on deck. One thing most people don't understand that sailing from Tampa is not like most ports. Instead of being a straight shot out to sea, you have to sail across Tampa Bay to get out. That's where the bridge is. So if you sail at 4:15, you should be to the bridge before 6:30. You can see it coming up in the distance well before you get there. It was just after sunset as we sailed into the west, and the lights on the bridge came on as we approached. And going under it, you swear the funnel isn't going to clear!:eek: It's amazing!

Sallyb, that really stinks about your camera! We got it on video, but no stills. There are some great pics of it though (mc'smom I think) and I have that as my desktop picture. She sailed the week after we did, so it looks almost identical to ours.

Hope this helps!

We have early seating for dinner, 5:45. I want to go to dinner and my DH says we should skip the first night to watch going under the bridge. How about a happy medium. We go to dinner and leave at ?? time to watch the bridge? How long does a typical dinner take? Would we be able to eat dinner and take desert to go and watch the bridge? Or, should I just say the heck with it and skip dinner the first night in the dining room?

We have early seating for dinner, 5:45. I want to go to dinner and my DH says we should skip the first night to watch going under the bridge. How about a happy medium. We go to dinner and leave at ?? time to watch the bridge? How long does a typical dinner take? Would we be able to eat dinner and take desert to go and watch the bridge? Or, should I just say the heck with it and skip dinner the first night in the dining room?

I think I've read on the boards that you can ask your waiter for dessert "to go". Some people take it back to their cabin and save it for later in the evening, so I'll bet you would have time to eat dinner and then take dessert with you and still catch sailing under the bridge.

At the afternoon tea, do they serve tea or do they serve hot water in cups with tea bags on the side? My mother is very picky about this.

Yes, they serve hot water in cups with tea bags on the side. I had to keep asking for cream/milk for my tea. It does not compare to taking tea at the Empress Hotel in Victoria, BC. No tea mother. Your mom may be disappointed.

Sandy

Where is the web cam that you watched?

Here's the link to the Tampa webcam: http://www.wfts.com/cams/remotecam.shtml

Just click on Channelside and it will come right up where the pier is (unless the Miracle has had to dock at the alternate site. In this case, pan left just a little.) BTW, the Inspiration is in port right now if you want to check it out.

MDavis23, we never got out of dinner until at least 7:15-7:30. So even if you don't sail until 5, it's going to be cutting it close. Some have even suggested just going to the dining room and having your appetizer and then bugging out. We thought about doing that, but opted just to go out on deck. It was very cold and windy that night, so after we came in, we hit the buffet for my favorite, cream of mushroom soup and some hot chocolate. Not the best of combinations, but it warmed us up good! Then we had pizza for desert:eek: It was an ecclectic dinner for sure, but of all the things I was looking forward to on the cruise, going under the bridge was #1 on my list...dinner could be had anytime.

Archived