What shouldn't I miss on the Miracle?

CruisingKitty

We have early seating and I want to see the bridge:mad: . Can we order.....eat whats there and tell the waiter we will be right back....:eek: . Or would that be to hard to do... I don't care if I get dinner course by course or not....They can just put it all on the table and I'll eat it when I get back.:rolleyes:

We have early seating and I want to see the bridge:mad: . Can we order.....eat whats there and tell the waiter we will be right back....:eek: . Or would that be to hard to do... I don't care if I get dinner course by course or not....They can just put it all on the table and I'll eat it when I get back.:rolleyes:

OR, you could just have Girl Scout cookies for dinner. ;)

I suppose you could do that, but in all honesty, that wouldn't be very fair to your waiter. There's another dinner seating after that, and everything is pretty well orchestrated to flow from course to course. Plus keep in mind, it will take you some time to get up on deck, especially if you want to go up by the funnel (best viewing IMHO), and then back down to dinner. Of course if your table is on the upper level of the dining room, you could make a mad dash out on the exterior promenade to catch a glimpse. It would be hard to get everything timed out just right, not to mention a whole lot of running around. We just skipped the dining room that night and met our waiter the next night. We had already checked out where our table was before we sailed, so that wasn't a problem. Hope this helps. If you're going to be going under the bridge in broad daylight, it might not be as dramatic as sailing into the sunset, but I still would consider it a "must see" if for nothing more than the OOOO and AHHHH factor!;)

There is no reason why you must dine in the diningroom if you have other priorities. There are other food venues available to you. Decide what your priorties are....having dinner in the diningroom or seeing the bridge? Don't sweat the small stuff. ;)

Renee, there is the buffet (Horatio's), room service and Nick & Nora's (pp charge supper club). Our cruise was in 2004, so there could be more that I'm forgetting. ;)

I know there are other dining options.....I'm traveling with a group of 12 and want to know all the options to tell them.

We watched from our table until the bridge was insight and told the waiter we were going out to see the bridge. Not a problem, we got to eat and see the bridge. :D

Here's the link to the Tampa webcam: http://www.wfts.com/cams/remotecam.shtml

Just click on Channelside and it will come right up where the pier is (unless the Miracle has had to dock at the alternate site. In this case, pan left just a little.) BTW, the Inspiration is in port right now if you want to check it out.

MDavis23, we never got out of dinner until at least 7:15-7:30. So even if you don't sail until 5, it's going to be cutting it close. Some have even suggested just going to the dining room and having your appetizer and then bugging out. We thought about doing that, but opted just to go out on deck. It was very cold and windy that night, so after we came in, we hit the buffet for my favorite, cream of mushroom soup and some hot chocolate. Not the best of combinations, but it warmed us up good! Then we had pizza for desert:eek: It was an ecclectic dinner for sure, but of all the things I was looking forward to on the cruise, going under the bridge was #1 on my list...dinner could be had anytime.

Welcome fellow Buckeye JoturCruise! In my opinion, the best place is up by the funnel, since that's pretty much the highest point passengers can get to. Plus it's awesome to watch the funnel barely (or so it seems) clear the bottom of the bridge. I guess it all depends on what your time constraints are.

Madelinerose, you did well on remembering the food options. Nothing to add except the pizza and deli, and other than Nick & Nora's, it's all right there together. There's also a great salad bar that's part of the buffet...plus desert!:D

Archived