Luggage Storage In Sydney

Past it

Now that I might have quite a few hours before flight home does anyone know where I can leave suitcases securely for several hours.I thought about asking at my precruise hotel if they would (for a fee of course) do you think thats a silly idea?:confused:

If I remember right there are lockers at the quay.

Also at central Station I have seen lockers too.

But with 9-11 I am not sure if they are still around.

I think that idea of yours sounds great.

I hope you have lots of time to spend in Sydney and your cruise gets in on time after putting a wet blanket on it this morning I have done 18 and only been late back twice due to bad weather both times .

I would lve to be day's late but never happens.

If you are going to the airport maybe see if you can checkin early. It seems like a long way to do things though. I vote for the hotel minding your bags, we have done this many times on the Gold coast , we always book a lte flight home to prolong the holiday, some even have showers etc for you to use.

Thanks kaseyoz,only thing we won't have been at the hotel since before the cruise. I don't really want to check in for another night. I think I will go with getting of early and heading to airport somehow and coming back to Darling Harbour for the day. I think it will be too early to check the bags in.

Thanks for that Globaliser,we leave from T2.If we disembark early I might do this.
The information (such as it is) for T2 baggage storage is on this page.

I used the T3 baggage storage facility a couple of weekends ago, which had an odd method of operation. The baggage storage place looked like it was all locked up, which it was. You have to pick up a phone and call. The facility is operated by the Smart Carte operation, and someone comes along within a few minutes after your call to unlock it and either take or return your luggage. It didn't look like it was used by many people, so I can understand why they do this. I imagine that the T2 facility will probably be run along similar lines.

Would it be cheaper to get there by train,taxi or airport pickup for 2 adults,1 child. Cheers
I think there would be little in it; I'd go for the taxi, personally. The one-way train fare from central Sydney (eg Circular Quay) to the either of the airport stations is AUD 12.00 per adult - it's a notorious and absolutely blatant ripoff considering that the fare to Mascot (one station before the airport) is AUD 4.80 and the fare to Wolli Creek (one station after the airport) is only AUD 3.00. Gouging is a kind word for this.

If you're going to the airport on the train, dropping your bags and coming straight back, you'd be able to get a return ticket (possibly even an off-peak return) which would save you some money. Or it might be worth your while getting a one-day ticket as you'd have to go out to the airport again to catch your flight. It'll be worth your while having a look at the Cityrail site to see what's good value for you.

I think that a one-way taxi from Circular Quay to the airport is likely to be in the region of AUD 25-30, for comparison.

I would echo the advice only to do this as a last resort - you will spend a lot of time travelling backwards and forwards to the airport if you can only store your baggage there. If your pre-cruise hotel is close to where your ship docks, it'll be the best solution - but make sure you pre-arrange it with them while you're still staying there.

Thanks for all your help ,we are staying precruise at Coronation which is near GPO. Not too far from Ship. I think I will be cheeky:p enough to ask them if I think it is a secure sort of place,and there won't be anything valuable in them.I will offer some recompense. It would save me heaps of time and money. :D

We used the baggage lockers at Central Station. We got a cab from Darling Harbour 8 to Central Station, put our bags in the lockers there - then caught the train around to Circular Quay and explored around there and the opera house - then had lunch before getting the train back to Central to reclaim our bags and then the train out to the airport to fly home.

If you wanted to go to Darling Harbour you could get the light rail from Central around to Darling Harbour and back, and then the train to the Airport.

Are you able to leave your luggage at the Wharf for a few hours then come back and get it before catching the train to the airport ?

There were no facilities at Darling Harbour for storing luggage, or none that I saw. On departure day it's good, because you can check you luggage in from about 8am - and then explore the city until boarding commences at 12 - which is what we did in June... We arrived from the Airport, checked our luggage in and then met family & friends for Brunch at Darling Harbour before coming back to board the ship. But they don't seem to cater for passengers disembarking.

Skyrules, That sounds perfect, I will check that out when I arrive in Sydney. Thats a load off my mind. its not so much I mind waiting at the airport its that I have my 8 yo grandson with us

Skyrules, That sounds perfect, I will check that out when I arrive in Sydney. Thats a load off my mind. its not so much I mind waiting at the airport its that I have my 8 yo grandson with us

If you haven't already arranged/prebooked transfers from the Airport to Darling Harbour on embarkation day, look out for P&O reps in the luggage hall at the airport offering $8 transfers back to Darling Harbour. We were going to get the train, which involved a walk from the nearest station, can't remember which now, to the terminal, but the bus option was much better. And better still - the driver will take your bags at the Airport and as long as they've got your P&O bag tags on them, you won't see them again until you are reunited in your cabin.

Thanks skyrules,we are flying in a day early for the cruise.Its the going home thats the problem. I looked up Sydney Central and it says there luggage depot is not available for the foreseeable future. So it looks like I'm back to asking my hotel

• 1 month later...
There were no facilities at Darling Harbour for storing luggage, or none that I saw. On departure day it's good, because you can check you luggage in from about 8am - and then explore the city until boarding commences at 12 - which is what we did in June... We arrived from the Airport, checked our luggage in and then met family & friends for Brunch at Darling Harbour before coming back to board the ship. But they don't seem to cater for passengers disembarking.

Hi, just a question about checking in luggage early.

Is the luggage taken & scanned if you drop it earlier than boarding time?

Thanks for that. I think 6am is too early as well :D. We may go in early and have lunch. I have this dreadful fear that we might miss the boat, given the traffic in Sydney. Looks like we may get a limo. We want to arrive in style!! There are 4 of us so it works out about the same as a taxi.

Skyrules, do you recall how long it took to transfer from the airport to the terminal? We have the transfers booked but was curious as to time frame.

Also do you mean the driver will take care of our luggage on to the ship, so we can wander off straight away, for a while before checking in ourselves? Our flight arrives in Sydney at 11.45 so wondered how we would go for time?

Thanks Val

I think for us it was about 1/2 an hour. Our flight arrived at 11.15 and I am pretty sure we were at Darling Harbour by midday. Your bags are stowed in the "bus boot" and that is it. When you arrive at Darling harbour you just get off the bus and go to check in or wander away. Your bags are taken off the bus, scanned and delivered to the ship for you.

Heading out on Pacific Princess in April and are happy to hear from Skyrules that we may be able to drop our luggage at the pier in the early morning before heading off to do our thing. We are on the same scheduled flights that we took in Sept. when we spent 3 1/2 weeks touring Australia and are expected to arrive at approx. 6:30 AM. If I remember correctly we were at our hotel by 8:15. As we don't have Princess transfers we will need to drop our own bags.

Happy cruising!

Janet

they no longer have lockers at central station (terrorism threat) but they direct you to a baggage facility in george street (it is a backpackers type travel agent with huge luggage lockers), we used these on our last trip to sydney and it was only $4 for our suitcase for the day. Although if you have heaps of heavy bags it is a little walk from the station, not really that far but just enough for you to start counting the kilos in the bag lol.

Archived