I hope you folks are happy....

grampasgrumpy

…I finally caved to the pressure and made the Carnival page on CC the home page for my browser.:eek:

And if I end up spending all my kid’s inheritance on cruises, you will have to deal with them after I am gone.:D

This is a great site...and I'd like to thank the site owner(s), hosts, and all you good Carnival cruisers that share your info and experiences so willingly. (But I do reserve the right to reach through the screen and strangle certain posters as needed.):D

My sons leave for college this year and the joke is they will have to call me on my cell phone from now on. The reason being they know we will be on at least 2 cruises a year. Of course they think they should be able to go but as I tell them get your education first----please. then I can vacation in peace for 4 years anyway.

I too am hooked..........

The ironing is piling up, starting think Hamburger Helper is the way to cook, don't answer phone calls from the kids, staying up way too late, don't watch the news anymore, not walking the treadmill, work is getting in the way......

I'm now an addict!!!

Triumph 5/20/06

I looked at the time and realized it was 10:30 am and I have been up since 4:30 (hubby is calving) and hadn't gotten dressed, made the bed, etc.

So, I just raced around, threw the breakfast dishes in dishwasher, grabbed some shirts from the back of dh closet so he thinks I just ironed them, sprinkled the carpets with stuff so it "smells" like I've been cleaning, threw clothes back into the dryer so maybe I won't have to iron them, checked my email - I just won a cruise tip book!!! - and then forwarded my emails and calls to my Blackberry, called the kids and said I'm really, really sick - strep, shingles, etc - so don't bother me for awhile....

Okay, now I'm ready!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

I looked at the time and realized it was 10:30 am and I have been up since 4:30 (hubby is calving) and hadn't gotten dressed, made the bed, etc.

So, I just raced around, threw the breakfast dishes in dishwasher, grabbed some shirts from the back of dh closet so he thinks I just ironed them, sprinkled the carpets with stuff so it "smells" like I've been cleaning, threw clothes back into the dryer so maybe I won't have to iron them, checked my email - I just won a cruise tip book!!! - and then forwarded my emails and calls to my Blackberry, called the kids and said I'm really, really sick - strep, shingles, etc - so don't bother me for awhile....

Wow! I thought I had it bad...I don't think anything is going to help you...except maybe a cruise.:p And then you'll still have to deal with that dreaded PCD....

It's good to know there are others out there with the same "disease" I have!

I spend my time putting together my binder with all of the print outs of info I gather - indexed and all, ordering cruise books and cruise clothes off the internet, heck, my "grocery" list has more cruise tip items on it than food these days! Good thing I have a big food storage room.... Just gotta buy some Hamburger Helper to make dinner quicker.

The empty nest thing really is true! Have my last two finishing college and so now our life is our own......... No more rodeo's, dance competitions, pageants, etc..... Oh, now our $$$ will be our own!!!!

Keep on writin' - fellow addicts!

Yep - soccer - cheering - etc....... whatever!!:cool: They are kind of mad that we didnt cruise with them....... but I tell them "what doesnt kill you, makes you stronger"

:rolleyes:

It's good to know there are others out there with the same "disease" I have!

I spend my time putting together my binder with all of the print outs of info I gather - indexed and all, ordering cruise books and cruise clothes off the internet, heck, my "grocery" list has more cruise tip items on it than food these days! Good thing I have a big food storage room.... Just gotta buy some Hamburger Helper to make dinner quicker.

The empty nest thing really is true! Have my last two finishing college and so now our life is our own......... No more rodeo's, dance competitions, pageants, etc..... Oh, now our $$$ will be our own!!!!

Keep on writin' - fellow addicts!

Yeah, I have no desire to take my young adult DDs....but I'd take my granddaughters, (3 & 4), in heartbeat. Their eyes would light up and they would be amazed with living on a ship for a few days...hmmmm...now I gotta figure how to let my DDs let me take the grandkids, but not them...;)

I get it now and I also have a DEW (D%#%%(Ex- Hubby) whew, the hairs on my neck (not that I am hairy) just went up....... :eek:

The first D is for darling....or d@*#...

The second letter is for Daughter, Husband, Wife, etc.

In my case I'd have to refer to my DEW..(D@*# Ex Wife...):eek:

My baby is having a fit that she isn't going with us - she graduates from college the week before and thinks it would make a great present! But we have spent our last ten years following her around the country for all of her stuff. Love her to death, but how do you explain to the others? They all think she's the spoiled baby anyway.

I have to agree about the granddaughter though. The 5 year old is a heartbreaker! The older gkids are teenage boys and I can't afford to feed them for a week!

I am meeting mine 1/2 way tom just to take them to the grocery store - "they are starving at college" ha

My baby is having a fit that she isn't going with us - she graduates from college the week before and thinks it would make a great present! But we have spent our last ten years following her around the country for all of her stuff. Love her to death, but how do you explain to the others? They all think she's the spoiled baby anyway.

I have to agree about the granddaughter though. The 5 year old is a heartbreaker! The older gkids are teenage boys and I can't afford to feed them for a week!

I'm so glad I am not the only one who reads the boards for hours then realizes it is an hour before hubby will be home, throw something quick on to cook, run around the house doing enough to show I accomplished something. :o I use the dryer trick all the time but I use Febreze on the carpet and furniture for that "clean" smell instead of the powdered stuff.

We will take both our ds in April of 07 if they behave. Well I have to since we will be paying for them but in January they will not be going on our hawaiian cruise with us. Of course we don't love them because they are being left behind. It doesn't matter we are paying for their college and other things. I figure they will get over it the first time I tell them they can pay for us to go on a cruise with them.......

Thats right !!

We will take both our ds in April of 07 if they behave. Well I have to since we will be paying for them but in January they will not be going on our hawaiian cruise with us. Of course we don't love them because they are being left behind. It doesn't matter we are paying for their college and other things. I figure they will get over it the first time I tell them they can pay for us to go on a cruise with them.......

Just got back from taking the baby d and her current boyfriend to Red Lobster and all we talked about was our trips to Florida for the last three years and how she is going to miss it soooooo much this year...

Also got the starving speel so she's coming up tomorrow to raid the freezer and food storage! Poor broke college kids....... We've been pretty lucky because she's done it all on scholarships from academics and dance! But, there's still the cellphone, car, insurance, etc.

I had to brag about all of the stuff I have learned from this board though. DH was telling them that I have already "met" several people who are going with us on our cruise! It's pretty darn cool!

How's the wine??????;)

put me out for a little while - just woke up to a phone call - watching the news after a little olympic nap...... they always put me out - talked to my babay d and she is out on the myrtle beach town tonight - i warned her to be on her game and meet me early - she groaned - she wants food?? she better get up and be perky!!

Just got back from taking the baby d and her current boyfriend to Red Lobster and all we talked about was our trips to Florida for the last three years and how she is going to miss it soooooo much this year...

Also got the starving speel so she's coming up tomorrow to raid the freezer and food storage! Poor broke college kids....... We've been pretty lucky because she's done it all on scholarships from academics and dance! But, there's still the cellphone, car, insurance, etc.

I had to brag about all of the stuff I have learned from this board though. DH was telling them that I have already "met" several people who are going with us on our cruise! It's pretty darn cool!

How's the wine??????;)

Archived